Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
proctored exams
Hi!
I was just wondering what others experiences are with Straighter lines Proctored exams? I have taken one..Comm101 and I felt like I wasn't really being "watched" during the exam. The next one I have scheduled is POLYS 101 it is a closed book, no notes exam, but my question is do they really know if you are looking at notes?

thanks
They are watching you. If I drift out of camera view, they will let me know.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
Yes, they really do. I don't have experience with Straighterline personally, but any Proctor service will either have someone watching you in real time (such as ProctorU) or will record a video of you and the screen of your computer (such as RPnow). As long as your not doing anything that warrants hem to believe your cheating, then they have no Buisness to bother you during your exam.

I had an issue once where my camera appeared to be working fine while using RPNow, however They failed me for the exam because unbeknownst to me, my camera was actually facing away from me during the whole exam and when they went to review my video, all they saw was my desk and couldn't confirm that I hadn't been cheating.
TESU BSBA GM
Started: Nov 2016
Graduation Goal: Sept 2017
114/120

CLEP: (15) A&I LiteratureㅣCollege Compㅣ Macroeconomics
ALEKS: (12) Buisness StatisticsㅣPreCalculusㅣCollege AlgebraㅣIntermediate Algebra
The Institutes: (2) Insurance Ethics
TEEX: (4) Cybersecurity for EveryoneㅣCybersecurity for IT Professionals
Saylor: (18) Intro to Molecular & Cellular BiologyㅣEnviromental EthicsㅣBuisness Law & EthicsㅣPrinciples of ManagementㅣPrinciples of MarketingㅣMoral & Political Philosophy
Study.com: (42) Personal FinanceㅣPrinciples of FinanceㅣIntro to CommunicationㅣIntro to World ReligionㅣIntro to SociologyㅣIntro to Managerial AccountingㅣGlobal & International ManagementㅣDigital Marketing & AdvertisingㅣOrganizational Behavior ㅣ Human Resource ManagementㅣStrategic Human Resource ManagementㅣAdvanced AccountingㅣEnvironmental Science 101ㅣMarketing Research
DAVAR: (18) CIS 101ㅣCIS 315ㅣSCI 103ㅣSCI 102ㅣMAN 390ㅣAmerican Gov
TECEP: (3) Business Admin BUS-421
Thanks for responding! I felt like it was such a waste of my time. It took forever to get set up and then I didn't feel like anyone was even there. I was kind of hoping I could use some notes for the final. Smile
Once while I was taking a TECEP with ProctorU, they asked me to stop talking - I was talking to myself! So I just said "I'm talking to myself!" and he was ok.

Another time, they asked me to stop bending over to write - it was a math test! I said "Honestly, I can't NOT look down when I'm writing on paper, what would you like me to do?" Again, they stopped bugging me.

It was annoying - but I can tell you that they are watching.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
To add on to what dfrecore said, I already had a passing score in StraighterLine, so I put in random answers to get the final proctored exam over with. The speed at which I was answering had my proctor suspicious, so he made me pan my camera around the room once more. hilarious
dfrecore Wrote:Once while I was taking a TECEP with ProctorU, they asked me to stop talking - I was talking to myself! So I just said "I'm talking to myself!" and he was ok.

Another time, they asked me to stop bending over to write - it was a math test! I said "Honestly, I can't NOT look down when I'm writing on paper, what would you like me to do?" Again, they stopped bugging me.

It was annoying - but I can tell you that they are watching.

I think you had the same guy I got twice!! The odds!!! I was reading a difficult question out loud (because it usually helps) and I was immediately told to stop talking. I said why am I not allowed to read a question out loud? He replied talking was against the "rules". Like Nixi I had the course already in the bag so just got it over with quickly. Then I got the same guy again two test later, he said no resources where allowed and I didn't really care I needed like 4 questions right to pass and didn't plan on using them anyways. When I tried to use my calculator he came up and said no resources are allowed. I said this isn't a resource its a calculator. He again repeated no resources allowed. I told him this is an accounting course a calculator is allowed. He wouldn't budge on this matter so once again I just finished the test as quickly as I could. They really need to fire this particular proctor. Obviously he hates his job and takes it out on test takers. He can go elsewhere and make people miserable and stop messing with my grades.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 311 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Straighterline Exams defscarlett 9 1,165 08-16-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study.com final exams lidel 15 3,249 05-23-2023, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Pats20
  Study.com interrupted during proctored exam deeznoots 4 1,469 11-04-2022, 08:40 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Study.com Proctored Exam Rules mikehart82 4 1,614 10-18-2022, 01:41 AM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  Saylor Direct Credit Final Exams Kimberly526 2 1,449 04-18-2022, 01:48 AM
Last Post: Kimberly526
  Straighterline Exams Retake Policy? Pats20 2 1,870 04-03-2022, 06:57 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Questions for anyone who has taken ACTFL exams rachel83az 6 1,195 03-14-2022, 09:49 PM
Last Post: jazzcat
Information Avant Assessment: Language Proficiency Exams for ACE Credit MNomadic 4 973 02-02-2022, 12:45 PM
Last Post: irishboy83
  Can't purchase more exams per month at SDC? jamshid666 6 1,182 10-27-2021, 04:52 AM
Last Post: studyingfortests