Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
questions about applying
Hello, 
I've read the forums for over a year, but took a break recently. So I'm murky on remembering the details.
I have a family with 4 kids, W2 job, and got licensed for real estate recently to get into the investment side. Going through the real estate licensing process recently reminded me that I'm good at tests and just accelerated learning in general; and maybe just maybe I'm up for the challenge of earning a degree.

I have 24-30 RA credits and want to apply to TESU to have credits evaluated and create a plan.
Do I have the process correct? :
Apply.
Have transcripts evaluated. 
Come here and degree plan (figure out what alternative credit method to take for some classes. Will prob mainly use Sophia/SDC). 

and then...I don't need to actually enroll and take the 1 TECEP exam right? I can put my head down and knock out Sophia/SDC/etc and enroll down the road? The advantage to enrolling at this point would be what, locking in a degree path? Should I consider locking that in for some reason?

In looking at the options in the enrollment process where it asks me what degree I am interested in, I am interested in either Finance or Business Administration. I am curious how much more difficult or time consuming the finance degree would be. 

And then lastly, I may have some interest in doing the Bachelor to Masters program through TESU. Just depends on how the bachelors goes and where my head is at after that. And motivation/time. But if that is of interest to me, is there any reason that should dictate what I choose for the bachelors between Finance and Biz Admin?  For example if I thought I might end up doing the Masters down the road, should I just get the Biz Admin degree and do the Finance Masters later?

My prioritization in obtaining my degree is mainly speed/ease of process. I'm ok with TESU being the more expensive option. I don't have to have a degree asap like some. I just don't like to drag things out. I'm open to other options but it seems like TESU would be the easiest path for me just from what I've read.

My RA credits(41 cr, or 29 if you don't count D grades):

ECON 1803 Business & Society, 3, B-
ECON 1503 Personal Finance, 3, B-
MKTG 3303 Principles of Marketing, 3, B+
MGMT 3103 Business Law I, 3, C
MGMT 3503 Business Ethics, 3, B
MGMT 2603 Computer Applications in Business, 3, D
HIST 1203 U.S. History to 1877, 3, C-
MATH 1253 Finite Mathematics, 3, B-
PHIL 2003 Ethics, 3, C
PSYC 2503 Human Growth & Development, 3, C+
BLIT 1103 Old Testament Literature, 3, D-
BLIT 1203 New Testament Literature, 3, D+
THEO 2003 Christian Beliefs, 3, D-
PHED 1902 Wellness/Basketball, 2, B+
You CAN enroll later with TESU, yes. But you only get two transcript evaluations when you're still in applicant status. Because we suggest sending credits to TESU regularly, as you finish them, it's a good idea to become fully enrolled relatively early in the process. If your current credits are all from a single source, you could wait to enroll until after you've finished the bulk of your Sophia credits.

When you enroll, you don't have to actually take any exam. Just pay the $50 for the Medical Terminology TECEP and you'll automatically become enrolled.

When you talk about finance vs. business admin, do you really mean finance vs. general management BSBAs? In general, a specific degree (like finance) is usually better to have than a non-specific degree (like general management). The good thing about TESU is that you can easily apply for the BSBA finance, then if it turns out that the finance courses are too difficult, you can switch to general management easily enough.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • DinkinFlicka
@OP, how young are you? How much of a budget have you dedicated to this educational journey?  Do you have tuition assistance or reimbursement?  Your D- won't get transferred, but your D+ and D will!  Forget the TECEP and the B2M option as it's too expensive unless you're going to be using the 16 credits residency towards the Bachelors 2 Masters program...

My suggestion right now would be to invest in a second monitor for multi-tasking and completing a bulk of credits from Sophia.org towards a BSBA GM.  A the end of the day, having a finance option still leaves you with a Business Admin degree with an AOS or emphasis/focus, you can decide to change that to a Finance AOS later if you decide then.

Don't apply yet, until you get a few more credits completed through Sophia.org, I suggest looking at this page and complete the ones without Touchstones (assignments).  Complete all the Sophia.org courses that fit for the General Education and Professional Business requirements.  Link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap

When you're done with the Sophia.org courses, then apply to TESU and send in all your transcripts for evaluation.  Your D's and other Sophia.org can come into the 15 'free electives' field. Note, depending how fast/slow you're taking, you can apply before end of May, just in case they make weird changes to the next catalog year.  You can always switch to a newer year later if it's more appealing.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-15-2022, 02:40 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @OP, how young are you? How much of a budget have you dedicated to this educational journey?  Do you have tuition assistance or reimbursement?  Your D- won't get transferred, but your D+ and D will!  Forget the TECEP and the B2M option as it's too expensive unless you're going to be using the 16 credits residency towards the Bachelors 2 Masters program...

My suggestion right now would be to invest in a second monitor for multi-tasking and completing a bulk of credits from Sophia.org towards a BSBA GM.  A the end of the day, having a finance option still leaves you with a Business Admin degree with an AOS or emphasis/focus, you can decide to change that to a Finance AOS later if you decide then.

Don't apply yet, until you get a few more credits completed through Sophia.org, I suggest looking at this page and complete the ones without Touchstones (assignments).  Complete all the Sophia.org courses that fit for the General Education and Professional Business requirements.  Link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap

When you're done with the Sophia.org courses, then apply to TESU and send in all your transcripts for evaluation.  Your D's and other Sophia.org can come into the 15 'free electives' field. Note, depending how fast/slow you're taking, you can apply before end of May, just in case they make weird changes to the next catalog year.  You can always switch to a newer year later if it's more appealing.

Ok, what you and Rachel are saying makes sense. I'll roll with Sophia and apply before end of May. Thanks to you both for the clarification on the BSBA GM vs. AOS Finance - I believe I understand now. I've read through the wikis. 
I looked quick, I know there may be spreadsheets out there I can use to build my class/provider plan. Can you point me to where I can find that. Otherwise I'll start making my own. 
I am just under 40 yrs old. I'll budget what I need to, but most definitely under $10k. I haven't applied for tuition assistance. I will probably qualify for reimbursement starting December 2022 -- I'll have to find & read the details on that. For now though, my focus will be on activity and getting started.
(03-14-2022, 10:35 PM)DinkinFlicka Wrote: Hello, 
I've read the forums for over a year, but took a break recently. So I'm murky on remembering the details.
I have a family with 4 kids, W2 job, and got licensed for real estate recently to get into the investment side. Going through the real estate licensing process recently reminded me that I'm good at tests and just accelerated learning in general; and maybe just maybe I'm up for the challenge of earning a degree.

I have 24-30 RA credits and want to apply to TESU to have credits evaluated and create a plan.
Do I have the process correct? :
Apply.
Have transcripts evaluated. 
Come here and degree plan (figure out what alternative credit method to take for some classes. Will prob mainly use Sophia/SDC). 

and then...I don't need to actually enroll and take the 1 TECEP exam right? I can put my head down and knock out Sophia/SDC/etc and enroll down the road? The advantage to enrolling at this point would be what, locking in a degree path? Should I consider locking that in for some reason?

In looking at the options in the enrollment process where it asks me what degree I am interested in, I am interested in either Finance or Business Administration. I am curious how much more difficult or time consuming the finance degree would be. 

And then lastly, I may have some interest in doing the Bachelor to Masters program through TESU. Just depends on how the bachelors goes and where my head is at after that. And motivation/time. But if that is of interest to me, is there any reason that should dictate what I choose for the bachelors between Finance and Biz Admin?  For example if I thought I might end up doing the Masters down the road, should I just get the Biz Admin degree and do the Finance Masters later?

My prioritization in obtaining my degree is mainly speed/ease of process. I'm ok with TESU being the more expensive option. I don't have to have a degree asap like some. I just don't like to drag things out. I'm open to other options but it seems like TESU would be the easiest path for me just from what I've read.

My RA credits(41 cr, or 29 if you don't count D grades):

ECON 1803 Business & Society, 3, B-
ECON 1503 Personal Finance, 3, B-
MKTG 3303 Principles of Marketing, 3, B+
MGMT 3103 Business Law I, 3, C
MGMT 3503 Business Ethics, 3, B
MGMT 2603 Computer Applications in Business, 3, D
HIST 1203 U.S. History to 1877, 3, C-
MATH 1253 Finite Mathematics, 3, B-
PHIL 2003 Ethics, 3, C
PSYC 2503 Human Growth & Development, 3, C+
BLIT 1103 Old Testament Literature, 3, D-
BLIT 1203 New Testament Literature, 3, D+
THEO 2003 Christian Beliefs, 3, D-
PHED 1902 Wellness/Basketball, 2, B+

Hey fellow Realtor! Need any real estate investing tips, ask me. 

You can make a degree plan now and guess where things will fall. Then start taking Sophia courses to fill in the gaps.

Get your RA credit evaluated, then shortly after, take the 1 credit TECEP. Of course, you're a Realtor now, so you should get used to paying fees—Lol (I couldn't resist that joke). Anyway, there are some discounts to students, such as 1/2 off Amazon and Spotify.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 607 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 839 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Lightbulb TESU - Course Transfer Questions mweichert 12 1,045 02-15-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  French international student questions about TESU BACS azuki 19 1,887 11-03-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  International students would like to ask some questions. Ron9 4 779 11-02-2023, 11:25 AM
  Study.com Transfer to TESU Questions Carnation 14 1,642 11-01-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  What to do after applying? elcastor21 1 284 09-06-2023, 07:43 PM
  few questions about TESU sekiflying 3 439 08-20-2023, 11:13 AM
  BALS Concentration/GE Questions PLEX 3 433 06-30-2023, 11:25 AM
  Two questions regarding to 1. TESU second degree and 2. bachelor to master program lylx1981 5 1,612 05-17-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Henry_Patterson