Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
recommended doctoral programs in Executive/Business Coaching
Hello Degree Forum Members,

I am wondering if anyone can recommend any doctoral degree programs in Executive or Business Coaching? I realize that this area spans several different academic fields including Business, Psychology, and Education. I could look at Doctoral programs in Organizational Leadership, Leadership, or even Consulting Psychology. Additionally, I have considered a PhD or DBA and making my doctoral dissertation on aspects of coaching.

From my research, programs that are targeted at working professionals would include Regent Univ, Liberty Univ, Walden Univ, Capella Univ, and Fielding Graduate Univ. In the UK, I have found Christ Canterbury Univ, Middlesex Univ, the Univ of Wales Trinity St. David, and Oxford Brookes University.

Since I am a self employed professional without tuition reimbursement and since I have already have still student loans in the high 5 figures and 48 years old, I am still wondering if this is worthwhile. I am unwilling to take on additional student loan debt and I am price sensitive. I am seeking a program ideally under $20-30k USD.

I have even considered a lower cost DBA program in the Phillipines (AMA Online University) or UNISA in South Africa as these programs are both under $5k USD. However, since I am based in the US, I am wondering how respected these intl programs are in the USA? I have no doubt the UK progams would be fairly respected. At this point in my life with about another 15 years in my life to work, I am wondering if it is even worth it, but, it has always been a life's goal to get a PhD or other doctorate for my own personal achievement goal. I welcome any feedback.

Thank you,

Education Seeker
Just wondering what your undergrad was in and your graduate studies? Further to that question, have you searched for DBA/PhD programs in the US around the 30K range or lower? Do you need RA, will NA suffice? I've reviewed your previous threads/posts, all of them are in regards to getting a Bachelors for the wife... knowing a bit more details about where you got your degrees and what degrees they were in would provide more avenues for choices...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-08-2022, 03:44 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Just wondering what your undergrad was in and your graduate studies?  Further to that question, have you searched for DBA/PhD programs in the US around the 30K range or lower?  Do you need RA, will NA suffice?  I've reviewed your previous threads/posts, all of them are in regards to getting a Bachelors for the wife... knowing a bit more details about where you got your degrees and what degrees they were in would provide more avenues for choices...

(01-08-2022, 08:52 PM)EducationSeeker Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 03:44 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: BJ Cheung,

I obtained my Bachelor's degree in Psychology from Kent State University in Ohio and an MBA from the University of Phoenix. I would prefer RA certification and NA certification would suffice. This is for my own benefit and is not a requirement for my work. Rather, it is a personal goal of mine to get a Doctorate, PhD, or DBA degree. I would and have considered programs under $30K USD. 

This would not be for my wife. Unfortunately, she passed away in 2020. 

I am looking for a Doctorate/PhD/DBA with a focus in Organizational Development, Leadership, Business, and Education. The goal is to obtain a credential that deepsens my coaching experience. Also, I am looking at getting a coaching an exeuctive coaching certification like ICF or WABC.

There are several programs in the UK that come to mind that are below $30K including Oxford Brookes Univ, Canterbury Christ Church Univ, Middlesex University in London, and University of Wales Trinity St. David. 

Since I am based in the US, I would prefer a degree from there, but, the programs at Capella, Regent, and Liberty total costs are all over $50k and therefore pretty cost prohibitive.

I am very price sensitive as I still have student loans at over $50k USD.

From a cost standpoint, a DBA from AMA Online in the Phillipines and a PHD in Business from UNiSA in South Africa are both very attractive at under $5000 in total cost.

I appreciate any feedback.

Thank you,

Jonathan 

Just wondering what your undergrad was in and your graduate studies?  Further to that question, have you searched for DBA/PhD programs in the US around the 30K range or lower?  Do you need RA, will NA suffice?  I've reviewed your previous threads/posts, all of them are in regards to getting a Bachelors for the wife... knowing a bit more details about where you got your degrees and what degrees they were in would provide more avenues for choices...
https://www.ucumberlands.edu/academics/g...ip#tuition

Approx $25k. Ra

https://www.ucumberlands.edu/academics/g...leadership
EducationSeeker Wrote:BJ Cheung,

I obtained my Bachelor's degree in Psychology from Kent State University in Ohio and an MBA from the University of Phoenix. I would prefer RA certification and NA certification would suffice. This is for my own benefit and is not a requirement for my work. Rather, it is a personal goal of mine to get a Doctorate, PhD, or DBA degree. I would and have considered programs under $30K USD. 

I am looking for a Doctorate/PhD/DBA with a focus in Organizational Development, Leadership, Business, and Education. The goal is to obtain a credential that deepsens my coaching experience. Also, I am looking at getting a coaching an exeuctive coaching certification like ICF or WABC.

There are several programs in the UK that come to mind that are below $30K including Oxford Brookes Univ, Canterbury Christ Church Univ, Middlesex University in London, and University of Wales Trinity St. David. 

Since I am based in the US, I would prefer a degree from there, but, the programs at Capella, Regent, and Liberty total costs are all over $50k and therefore pretty cost prohibitive.

From a cost standpoint, a DBA from AMA Online in the Phillipines and a PHD in Business from UNiSA in South Africa are both very attractive at under $5000 in total cost.

Thank you,

Jonathan 

My condolences, I didn't know why you're looking for this degree, but now we have a better idea of what you're looking for... Many selections out there for grad studies, it's literally choices upon choices... 

There are a few DBA/PhD options on this board, with your education level already, you can apply for any NA/RA Doctorate that's listed in the Graduate section and see which one appeals to you most.  You may want to also investigate the sister board (DegreeInfo) as well...

As an example, I suggest you may want to see if Walden would take your UofP Masters into their PhD Completion program... https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ars-18-650
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I know that I'm splitting hairs but I don't think that you're going to find a doctoral degree program in "Coaching."  If you want to become employed as an executive coach then I think you might get some training in coaching, like a cert, but the doctoral degree is more likely to be in an area such as Leadership or Organizational Psychology.  Here's something to look at:
https://professional.dce.harvard.edu/pro.../#outcomes
(01-09-2022, 02:44 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
EducationSeeker Wrote:BJ Cheung,

Thank you,

Jonathan 

My condolences, I didn't know why you're looking for this degree, but now we have a better idea of what you're looking for... Many selections out there for grad studies, it's literally choices upon choices... 

There are a few DBA/PhD options on this board, with your education level already, you can apply for any NA/RA Doctorate that's listed in the Graduate section and see which one appeals to you most.  You may want to also investigate the sister board (DegreeInfo) as well...

As an example, I suggest you may want to see if Walden would take your UofP Masters into their PhD Completion program... https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ars-18-650

Thank you for the kind words.

I know that Coaching is a more interdisciplinary and applied field. A credential is key and I plan on getting with a respected coaching organization like ICF or WABC. I would probably look at a DBA, PHD in Organizational Development, HR, or Leadership and then write my dissertation/thesis on an aspect of Team Building, Leadership, or Executive Coaching. I will check out the option to see if Walden will take my UoP MBA coursework.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DBA from Prague University of Economics and Business, 15k Euro durain 6 808 03-17-2024, 12:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  PhD top-up programs? FireMedic_Philosopher 11 454 03-15-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Universidad Azteca's new doctorate programs Kalas 8 713 02-25-2024, 07:35 AM
Last Post: Messdiener
  2024 Online EdD Programs No Dissertation Required (Applied Capstone Projects) Imbanewbie 2 484 02-08-2024, 01:36 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  International Business Academy of Scandinavia DBA adrian052 4 522 01-10-2024, 05:48 AM
Last Post: Harry101
  Spain Inter-University Doctoral Programme in Business & Management durain 3 759 11-14-2023, 03:49 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  advice sought on doctoral program EducationSeeker 9 1,205 10-29-2023, 02:22 AM
Last Post: Harry101
  Dr.Philos. – another route to a Norway doctoral degree durain 0 491 10-24-2023, 11:07 AM
Last Post: durain
  PhD - Swiss School of Business Research? michaeladsmith2 15 2,187 10-23-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: cacoleman1983
  Has anyone tried esneca business school? aquickquestion 8 1,725 10-06-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: elcastor21