Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
?schools that don't require Capstone for BA/BS
Does anyone know of schools that don't require capstones?  I'm really good at taking tests and writing short essays but I'm not sure I could write 20-40 pages on anything, that's a skill I've not developed.
The Capstone isn't one paper that's 20-40 pages. Many degrees even at B&M schools are now requiring a capstone course. Writing is a skill you need to develop in college. You'll need to write at work so it's a useful skill.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • jsd
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...O-capstone

Looks like Brandman U doesn’t have one for their self paced BBA.
BABA, New England College, 2019
(07-02-2020, 10:27 AM)ss20ts Wrote: The Capstone isn't one paper that's 20-40 pages. Many degrees even at B&M schools are now requiring a capstone course. Writing is a skill you need to develop in college. You'll need to write at work so it's a useful skill.

Let me try again.  I'm 40 years old and I'm currently in the insurance industry.  I know "how to write".  There are positions available in my company  that require me to finish my degree.  I currently have around 90 credits from different sources, some old RA credits from a B&M school.  I have no interest in "being in college", my only interest is advancing my career.  I work around 60 hours a week and my job requires me to be skilled in many different areas.  One of those areas would not be reading rubrics, researching and developing fake projects, and then writing paper after paper about it.  I already have all the skills needed for the position, now I just need the paper.

(07-02-2020, 10:27 AM)harrypotter Wrote: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...O-capstone

Looks like Brandman U doesn’t have one for their self paced BBA.
Thank you, I'll give it a look.
[-] The following 1 user Likes amberwalk's post:
  • monchevy
(07-02-2020, 10:05 AM)amberwalk Wrote: Does anyone know of schools that don't require capstones?  I'm really good at taking tests and writing short essays but I'm not sure I could write 20-40 pages on anything, that's a skill I've not developed.

I don't love writing either, and putting off getting my degree at TESU because I was avoiding the capstone was a huge mistake.  It turned out not to be so bad - not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

The actual final paper for my BSBA was only 13 pages.  But it was not so bad, because you learn to write it as you go through the capstone.  So, I was writing about different ideas and doing case studies through the course, and the final paper was actually like a culmination of all the papers I wrote.  By the time I wrote it, I was pretty darn comfortable with what I was doing.

I would say that it is more intimidating than it should be, and that you should not let it stop you from getting your degree where you want.  Just an opinion from someone who's been there.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ss20ts
(07-02-2020, 02:53 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 10:05 AM)amberwalk Wrote: Does anyone know of schools that don't require capstones?  I'm really good at taking tests and writing short essays but I'm not sure I could write 20-40 pages on anything, that's a skill I've not developed.

I don't love writing either, and putting off getting my degree at TESU because I was avoiding the capstone was a huge mistake.  It turned out not to be so bad - not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

The actual final paper for my BSBA was only 13 pages.  But it was not so bad, because you learn to write it as you go through the capstone.  So, I was writing about different ideas and doing case studies through the course, and the final paper was actually like a culmination of all the papers I wrote.  By the time I wrote it, I was pretty darn comfortable with what I was doing.

I would say that it is more intimidating than it should be, and that you should not let it stop you from getting your degree where you want.  Just an opinion from someone who's been there.
Thank you.  Have capstones always been a thing?  I thought back in the day they were typically for masters programs.  I just wouldn't expect one for interdisciplinary studies or liberal arts since there is no main focus.

You can see writing a Capstone as writing 4-6 short essays...
BSBA: 70% completed (84 credits of 120)
Hi
If You Have 60 RA Credits . You Can Add 30 ACE  credit And Apply To UMPI. It Doesnt Have Capstone. Check It Out. Its Good Price, Competency-based And RA University 
https://online.umpi.edu/programs/

Also all mentioned is not a must. You can do any number of courses through UMPI. this advice is the best option to save on the cost. Only negative is that you must finish 30 credit with them
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cofffeee's post:
  • Tedium

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,448 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Exclamation Schools that list A+'s on transcript in any way? JumbledSpirit 3 295 02-19-2024, 06:23 PM
  Capstone Writing: Tips & Tricks rachel83az 11 25,750 01-25-2024, 11:46 PM
Last Post: nykorn
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 655 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Switiching schools Joellem 14 787 09-27-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: Joellem
  Unaccredited degree assembled from courses at accredited schools elcastor21 1 369 09-26-2023, 12:07 PM
  Where did they go? Kids missing from public schools bjcheung77 5 614 02-16-2023, 02:20 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Top 10 Feeder Schools for 100 Tech Companies sanantone 13 3,480 12-30-2022, 03:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Penn state's two law schools will be combined into a single law school Imbanewbie 0 495 12-01-2022, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Accrediting Council for Independent College and Schools clep3705 60 7,261 10-07-2022, 06:06 PM
Last Post: Alpha