Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] TESU questions
Hi Everyone!

I am preparing to enroll in TESU before July 1st so that I can avail of partnership discounts between study.com. although I do not have any credits to transfer yet except into psych. My question is
1. Is it okay to enroll as a TESU student right now or is it too early?
2. If it is okay to enroll now into TESU through study.com partnership discount then, is there any person you all can recommend who is knowledgeable and not rude to talk to?

The reason for my last question is the last time I spoke to some lady in TESU she was the rudest I have ever come across! I do not want to deal with her and stress about talking to her or anyone like her.

Thanks for your help! You guys are awesome here!
Hi there -

what discount are you referring to?
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
(06-16-2020, 04:30 PM)ragkrish Wrote: Hi Everyone!

I am preparing to enroll in TESU before July 1st so that I can avail of partnership discounts between study.com. although I do not have any credits to transfer yet except into psych. My question is
2. If it is okay to enroll now into TESU through study.com partnership discount then, is there any person you all can recommend who is knowledgeable and not rude to talk to?

The reason for my last question is the last time I spoke to some lady in TESU she was the rudest I have ever come across! I do not want to deal with her and stress about talking to her or anyone like her.

Thanks for your help!  You guys are awesome here!

1. Enroll in TESU asap, yes. Now. Don't talk to anyone. I've literally never talked to anyone at TESU, not even through email. (Though, they have emailed me.) Just fill out the application, put in the SDC discount, and go. 

2. Enroll in Study.com and take "presentation skills in the workplace". You can get it done and tested in less than a day, if you spend the whole day on it. It takes 3-4 business days to have the test accepted at SDC and then another 2-4 days for them to send the transcript to TESU. If you start RIGHT NOW, you should be able to get the discount. 

(06-16-2020, 07:23 PM)suzycupcake Wrote: Hi there -

Students of Study.com get a 5% discount on in-state tuition for TESU. But TESU is discontinuing this discount on July 1st. If you don't have the discount locked in by then, you have to pay the full tuition.
Oh wow I didn’t realize that was happening. That stinks! Def enroll ASAP!
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
(06-17-2020, 05:27 AM)rachel83az Wrote:

1. Enroll in TESU asap, yes. Now. Don't talk to anyone. I've literally never talked to anyone at TESU, not even through email. (Though, they have emailed me.) Just fill out the application, put in the SDC discount, and go. 

2. Enroll in Study.com and take "presentation skills in the workplace". You can get it done and tested in less than a day, if you spend the whole day on it. It takes 3-4 business days to have the test accepted at SDC and then another 2-4 days for them to send the transcript to TESU. If you start RIGHT NOW, you should be able to get the discount. 

Students of Study.com get a 5% discount on in-state tuition for TESU. But TESU is discontinuing this discount on July 1st. If you don't have the discount locked in by then, you have to pay the full tuition.
I am brand new to this approach for college. I saw this  post that TESU is going to stop allowing the 5% discount through Study.com on July 1st. So people are enrolling and taking one class before that date to lock it in. So will that lock in the 114 hour allowance too? Is there a fee to have an enrolled account?
(06-19-2020, 08:54 AM)tryingtobecomenewschool Wrote: I am brand new to this approach for college. I saw this  post that TESU is going to stop allowing the 5% discount through Study.com on July 1st. So people are enrolling and taking one class before that date to lock it in. So will that lock in the 114 hour allowance too? Is there a fee to have an enrolled account?

The 114 credit allowance is not in danger at TESU (at this time). Only the discount. However, they often do catalog changes that can hinder students who weren't enrolled prior to the change. It's generally better to enroll ASAP and sort things out later than it is to wait and enroll once you have all 114 credits on your transcript(s).

The fees for becoming fully enrolled in TESU and locking in a catalog are as follows:

1. Application fee - $50

2. TECEP fee - $50 for medical terminology or $150 for any other lower-level TECEP. If you don't do this, you are only an "applicant" and are not enrolled. Being a fully enrolled student grants you access to the NJ State Library, unlimited transcript evaluations, and a couple other things I cannot think of off the top of my head. This status lasts for one year, at which point you either need to take another TECEP or else enroll in a proper class.

3 To get the Study.com discount: $179 (with a discount link from another member) or $199 without the link. Considering that out-of-state students save at least $100 per credit this way, this is why people are hurrying to lock in the discount if they can. You're saving at least $400 by spending about $200 now. As stated previously, if you choose to do this, Presentation Skills in the Workplace is the shortest and arguably the easiest course. It can be completed in just a couple of hours, including the test.

Total cost: $100 or about $300 if you're trying to get the SDC discount.
(06-19-2020, 08:54 AM)tryingtobecomenewschool Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 05:27 AM)rachel83az Wrote:

I am brand new to this approach for college. I saw this  post that TESU is going to stop allowing the 5% discount through Study.com on July 1st. So people are enrolling and taking one class before that date to lock it in. So will that lock in the 114 hour allowance too? Is there a fee to have an enrolled account?

Thanks for the info everyone I knocked out presentation skills and library science on 6/18 and 6/19...and I'm praying that the proctored finals are graded today. Fingers crossed!!
"Step forward into your life as you did when you were a child, when you believed anything was possible." 
- Vince Gowmon

TESU BALS...in process...Dec 2020 graduation...woohoo!

Completed:
TEEX (3 credits): Death Investigation Online
Sophia (29 credits): Psych, Sociology, Ancient Greek, Visual Comm, Project Mgmt, Essentials of Conflict, Developing Effective Teams, Art History I, Art History II, Conflict Resolution, Approaches to Studying Religions
Straighterline (15 Credits): Cultural Anthropology, Intro to Criminal Justice, Business Stats, Western Civ I, American Gov't
SDC (6 credits): Oral Communication and Information Literacy
CLEP (15 credits): A&I Literature, College Composition, Principles of Marketing             
DSST (18 credits): Here's to Your Health, Substance Abuse, Intro to World Religions, Environment & Humanity, Business Ethics & Society, HR Management
WGU (36 credits)
FEMA (38 credits)
NA credits (140 qtr hrs)
[-] The following 1 user Likes indivinefavor's post:
  • rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 699 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,978 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 261 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,158 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch