Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
study.com Civil War and Reconstruction vs American Civil War Era?
Has anyone taken either or both of these history courses from study.com?

- Civil War and Reconstruction
- American Civil War Era

And what is the project in the American Civil War Era course that counts as 1/3 of the grade?

When transferring to TESU these transfer in as two different courses. But are there any benefits in taking both since it looks like they overlap in parts.
The benefit to taking 2 similar courses is that it's easier to get through them because of the overlap - you kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:The benefit to taking 2 similar courses is that it's easier to get through them because of the overlap - you kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Do you know what the project in the American Civil War Era is? Is it an essay?
I took both of these. I did the one without the essay first and it took care of a huge percentage of the quizzes for the one with the essay. You can see the final project by going to the final chapter of the "Overview" - it's an essay but there are a bunch of topics to choose from. I would definitely recommend taking both since there is a good amount of overlap.

Edit to add: I will say the final is much harder for the course with the essay. I scored a 92% on the easier 106 course and an 81% on the 306. I was honestly a little worried that I didn't pass for the 306 course. The questions were much different but obviously I was panicked for no reason since an 81% easily passes the mark. You need 210 points total for the course so once you get your 100 for the quizzes, it comes down to 110 for the final and essay combined. The essay grader was a little tough, but I also haven't taken a College Comp course yet so I know my writing isn't the greatest.
ndelcollo Wrote:I took both of these. I did the one without the essay first and it took care of a huge percentage of the quizzes for the one with the essay. You can see the final project by going to the final chapter of the "Overview" - it's an essay but there are a bunch of topics to choose from. I would definitely recommend taking both since there is a good amount of overlap.

Edit to add: I will say the final is much harder for the course with the essay. I scored a 92% on the easier 106 course and an 81% on the 306. I was honestly a little worried that I didn't pass for the 306 course. The questions were much different but obviously I was panicked for no reason since an 81% easily passes the mark. You need 210 points total for the course so once you get your 100 for the quizzes, it comes down to 110 for the final and essay combined. The essay grader was a little tough, but I also haven't taken a College Comp course yet so I know my writing isn't the greatest.

Thank you! This is very helpful!
frostedfire Wrote:Thank you! This is very helpful!

I also did the 108 Vietnam War if History interests you. That course was difficult only because it had many names that were hard to remember and differentiate because of the different language/country. I'm on the younger side so none of the names were familiar like they may be if you lived through it or studied it in high school like the Civil War. I studied the hardest for this test but also received my highest grade so far for Study.com. It's also a really short class for quizzes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,280 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,471 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,610 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 967 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,810 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 549 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 277 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 680 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM