Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
study.com Presentation Skills in the Workplace
Just found this in the for credit section of study.com

It's 27 quizzes and apparently offered for credit. It has no course designation or number, which is strange. I'm wondering if anyone has taken and finished this course and how it would transfer into TESU?
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

Will TESU add my ACE credit courses to an official school transcript once I enroll? Will I first have to take several classes at TESU first?
Zachcleigh Wrote:Just found this in the for credit section of study.com

It's 27 quizzes and apparently offered for credit. It has no course designation or number, which is strange. I'm wondering if anyone has taken and finished this course and how it would transfer into TESU?

It's not on the ACE website, so I think someone there must have accidentally clicked something to make that happen.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
It says it's recommended by NCCRS credit!
Goal: BA/BS in Psychology

Credit Sources
Straighterline
Aleks
Study.com
Kaplan
Quote:Will TESU add my ACE credit courses to an official school transcript once I enroll? Will I first have to take several classes at TESU first?

You have courses added to your ACE transcript. When you are ready, you send the transcript to the University, and they will evaluate them. You don't have to take any courses with the university for this to happen.

Take some time and look over the wiki pages; there's a wealth of information there.
TESU BALS Humanities, thanks to this place!

The mind is willing, but the wallet is weak.
l8989v Wrote:It says it's recommended by NCCRS credit!

On Study.com's website, when you click on the course, and click "credit", it actually says that it's an ACE evaluated course. So that's just wrong.

But, I did got to NCCRS to see, and it is on there, 3cr LL of an English elective.

Also, it looks like Study.com had their courses evaluated by NCCRS back in October of 2016, and they're all there. So I suppose if you wanted to bypass ACE for some reason, you could use NCCRS as your approval.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(06-18-2017, 08:19 PM)Zachcleigh Wrote: Just found this in the for credit section of study.com  

It's 27 quizzes and apparently offered for credit.  It has no course designation or number, which is strange.  I'm wondering if anyone has taken and finished this course and how it would transfer into TESU?

[Image: huh.png]  Why not ASK  - Study.com Support Team directly?
I just got the answer from the source:

Communications 120 is currently credit recommended by the National College Credit Recommendation Service (NCCRS). You can find a list of their schools and courses below.
NCCRS Schools- http://www.nationalccrs.org/colleges-uni...ies-search
NCCRS Courses- http://www.nationalccrs.org/organizations/studycom

Like all courses on Study.com, this is a course submitted for credit recommendations to both ACE and NCCRS. At this time only the NCCRS has gotten back to us about credit recommendation. We expect to have it credit recommended by both entities shortly, but unfortunately have no timeframe.

I hope that helps clarify any confusion. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any further questions.

Best regards,
Lucas

The Study.com Team

2nd reply

The NCCRS has a direct partnership with Excelsior college. Paperwork is completed by student and Study.com to get Excelsior transcripts sent to the destination of your choice.

Hope that helps clarify any confusion.

Best regards,
Lucas

The Study.com Team

3rd reply

Hello,

Thank you for your prompt response.

There is a $40 NCCRS setup fee and a $12 transcript cost.

DSST CLEP and AP all use ACE credit recommendation. This is why they can add them to pre-existing transcripts. ACE has not credit approved Communications 120 at this time therefore they cannot add it to a transcript as they have not verified if it is worth credits.

We do believe at some point in the future ACE will finish the paperwork and accept Communications 120 for credit, but there is no time-frame for this completion.
At this time if you want credit for Communications 120 through Study.com you will need to submit it via NCCRS and get Excelsior College transcripts.

Hope that helps clarify any confusion. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any further questions.

The Study.com Team

They should have just sent this info 1st! Google: Study.com NCCRS transcripts

How Do I Request a Transcript from NCCRS?
Since colleges and universities more readily award credit for courses listed on a regionally accredited college or university transcript, we have partnered with Excelsior College for our NCCRS transcript service.
To receive an Excelsior College transcript with your Study.com NCCRS credit-recommended courses, please follow the steps below:
Fill out section 2) Student of this form with your information, including the Payment and Credit Card Authorization sections. Please note that there is a $40 transcript request fee.
Email support@study.com with the completed form attached.
We will send this information to Excelsior College along with information about your completed NCCRS credit-recommended Study.com courses. Excelsior College will process and issue your transcript directly to you.
(06-18-2017, 08:19 PM)Zachcleigh Wrote: Just found this in the for credit section of study.com  

It's 27 quizzes and apparently offered for credit.  It has no course designation or number, which is strange.  I'm wondering if anyone has taken and finished this course and how it would transfer into TESU?

I completed this course. I really enjoyed the course and it had several crossovers with other courses like Digital Marketing and Advanced Technical Writing. After I completed the course, I received an email from Study.com stating I could transfer it to ACE but it was not listed on ACE when I tried to transfer it. I contacted Study.com and they informed me it was approved by NCCRS. I paid to transfer it to TESU via the Excelsior credit banking service. My TESU evaluation has been completed and I was not given credit for the course at TESU credit evaluation. It did not even show up in my "other courses" section of the eval. By the time the transfer came through I had already completed my 117 credits towards my degree. I will report back if anything changes.
(09-20-2017, 04:10 PM)retire2018 Wrote:

[Image: huh.png]  Why not ASK  - Study.com Support Team directly?

l8989v answered on 6/19, and I confirmed on the NCCRS website that it was on there on the same day.

[quote pid='242761' dateline='1505954962']
I completed this course. I really enjoyed the course and it had several crossovers with other courses like Digital Marketing and Advanced Technical Writing. After I completed the course, I received an email from Study.com stating I could transfer it to ACE but it was not listed on ACE when I tried to transfer it. I contacted Study.com and they informed me it was approved by NCCRS. I paid to transfer it to TESU via the Excelsior credit banking service. My TESU evaluation has been completed and I was not given credit for the course at TESU credit evaluation. It did not even show up in my "other courses" section of the eval. By the time the transfer came through I had already completed my 117 credits towards my degree. I will report back if anything changes.
[/quote]

NCCRS has a much longer process than ACE, so it just may be that TESU hasn't received it yet, or processed it.  From what I've seen from other threads, it's at least a 2-week timeframe before NCCRS even sends the course out.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,345 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,488 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,718 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 603 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 7 403 03-07-2024, 12:35 PM
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,814 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue