Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
study.com computer architecture assignment help
Hello! I am on my last study.com course and I am having a little bit of difficulty with the final assignment. I have completed 3 outta of 4 parts of the project but the last phase confuses me alot and I am completely lost. I did good on the homework but not as good on the final and I really prefer not to spend $70 to raise my score. I just need a solid project score. But the project is confusing me. The part in particular is Phase Four
In order to be able to write assembly language for the CPU we need to add to instructions (without implementation):

• branch to an address (name it JMP)

• conditional branch to an address (name it CJMP and suppose that the jump takes place if the comparison operation result is 'equals')
Now, write the following programs using the assembly language you designed in the previous phases of the project as well as these two branching additional instructions:

• Write a program that adds two operands.

• Write a program that adds operands until the new value to be added is 0. You do not need to implement the input operations to modify the contents of the registers. Just assume that by the end of each iteration, the register content is modified.

• Write a program that increments by 2 the content of a register 10 times.

• Write a program that shifts the content of a register until the least significant bit is 0. Think of a way to stop shifting if the content of the register is 11111111 and add it to your program.
Please record your programs in the same Word doc and label them under the section 'Phase Four.'

I am not looking for answer or to cheat. I am just wondering if anyone knows a youtube link that explains or shows this last part. I have look at the study.com lessons and they do not seem to explain this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
Yes, Study.com does not teach how to write assembly code. I learned how to write instructions here:

http://skilldrick.github.io/easy6502/

It teaches how to program Snake in assembly. You don't need to finish to complete the assignment. If you have questions afterwards, PM me.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
[-] The following 1 user Likes udi's post:
  • Pikachu
(04-25-2020, 04:43 PM)udi Wrote: Yes, Study.com does not teach how to write assembly code. I learned how to write instructions here:

http://skilldrick.github.io/easy6502/

It teaches how to program Snake in assembly. You don't need to finish to complete the assignment. If you have questions afterwards, PM me.

Thanks so much hopefully it be enough thank you for the help
(04-25-2020, 03:27 PM)maxxor6868 Wrote: Hello! I am on my last study.com course and I am having a little bit of difficulty with the final assignment. I have completed 3 outta of 4 parts of the project but the last phase confuses me alot and I am completely lost. I did good on the homework but not as good on the final and I really prefer not to spend $70 to raise my score. I just need a solid project score. But the project is confusing me. The part in particular is Phase Four
In order to be able to write assembly language for the CPU we need to add to instructions (without implementation):

• conditional branch to an address (name it CJMP and suppose that the jump takes place if the comparison operation result is 'equals')
Now, write the following programs using the assembly language you designed in the previous phases of the project as well as these two branching additional instructions:

• Write a program that adds operands until the new value to be added is 0. You do not need to implement the input operations to modify the contents of the registers. Just assume that by the end of each iteration, the register content is modified.

• Write a program that shifts the content of a register until the least significant bit is 0. Think of a way to stop shifting if the content of the register is 11111111 and add it to your program.
Please record your programs in the same Word doc and label them under the section 'Phase Four.'

I am not looking for answer or to cheat. I am just wondering if anyone knows a youtube link that explains or shows this last part. I have look at the study.com lessons and they do not seem to explain this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
Were you able to build the ALU and CPU based on the content of the lessons?
(04-25-2020, 05:05 PM)terryd5150 Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 03:27 PM)maxxor6868 Wrote: Hello! I am on my last study.com course and I am having a little bit of difficulty with the final assignment. I have completed 3 outta of 4 parts of the project but the last phase confuses me alot and I am completely lost. I did good on the homework but not as good on the final and I really prefer not to spend $70 to raise my score. I just need a solid project score. But the project is confusing me. The part in particular is Phase Four

Not really the lessons help a little but I been watching mostly YouTube videos to piece it together

(04-25-2020, 05:05 PM)terryd5150 Wrote:

Not really the lessons help a little but I been watching mostly YouTube videos to piece it together
I need help on the first 3 phases!

Attached Files
.png   cv57f6bg87n9h8m0j.PNG (Size: 70.58 KB / Downloads: 96)
Yea how do we even do this. It's hard and the SDC materials aren't nearly enough..!
Completed TESU BA in CS & Math
Target grad school: OMSCS, or UoTA MOCSO. (Contemplating research)

Sorry, a bump. I am struggling and need help. With phase 2,3,4
Throw in phase 1 just for good measure
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • bluebooger
(10-23-2021, 09:10 PM)jsd Wrote: Throw in phase 1 just for good measure

Not nice to make fun of someone's post when they really need help.

You have no idea what this person is going through.

Do you think this person signed up and posted this post as his/her 1st post without this issue being really serious?
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,324 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,482 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,688 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 603 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,813 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 682 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM