Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
studycom membership expiring - transfer Question
My son's studycom membership renews tomorrow, but we are thinking of taking the month off. He has a final exam pending but we know he passed based on his score. Can anyone explain how to transfer this credit while his membership is inactive? Will we have to wait until we re-up or will he be able to log in while it is inactive?

I don't want to pay for the month if we don't have to, and he's for sure not going to have time to do studycom classes over the next 2 weeks, so I'd like to save some money here. Thanks!!

PS I just saw their "pause" feature- does that change anything in terms of our access to his transcript being sent?
(01-16-2019, 06:15 PM)cookderosa Wrote: My son's studycom membership renews tomorrow, but we are thinking of taking the month off.  He has a final exam pending but we know he passed based on his score.  Can anyone explain how to transfer this credit while his membership is inactive? Will we have to wait until we re-up or will he be able to log in while it is inactive?  

I don't want to pay for the month if we don't have to, and he's for sure not going to have time to do studycom classes over the next 2 weeks, so I'd like to save some money here.  Thanks!!

PS I just saw their "pause" feature- does that change anything in terms of our access to his transcript being sent?

You don't need to have an active subscription to send a transcript. They use smart sheet which isn't part of their system, so you can access it whether your account is active or not. The current link for that appears to be:

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/c13782...2a9e61bbd7

The pause feature is just a way to suspend your account and make sure you keep the same billing rate when you turn it back on.

FYI, the new transfer page appears to have a bunch of new destination schools, along with the option to have your scores sent as pass/fail or percentage (for schools to award letter grades I assume).
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Also, you could put in the transcript request form now. Part of the form asks you if you want to list any of your very recently completed or still pending courses so that they make sure to include them. May take a few extra days before they send it(due to the pending course(s).

That's what I did a day before my subscription ended even though I had just completed 3 writing assignments and a final in the last few days which were all awaiting review/grading.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • cookderosa
Add it to his ACE as soon as the exam is taken, then once it gets approved there you know you're good to request the direct from Study.com transcript.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(01-16-2019, 06:21 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 06:15 PM)cookderosa Wrote: My son's studycom membership renews tomorrow, but we are thinking of taking the month off.  He has a final exam pending but we know he passed based on his score.  Can anyone explain how to transfer this credit while his membership is inactive? Will we have to wait until we re-up or will he be able to log in while it is inactive?  

I don't want to pay for the month if we don't have to, and he's for sure not going to have time to do studycom classes over the next 2 weeks, so I'd like to save some money here.  Thanks!!

You don't need to have an active subscription to send a transcript. They use smart sheet which isn't part of their system, so you can access it whether your account is active or not. The current link for that appears to be:

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/c13782...2a9e61bbd7

The pause feature is just a way to suspend your account and make sure you keep the same billing rate when you turn it back on.

FYI, the new transfer page appears to have a bunch of new destination schools, along with the option to have your scores sent as pass/fail or percentage (for schools to award letter grades I assume).

Thank you! I just submitted it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 101 52,354 Yesterday, 06:22 PM
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  AWIT Real-world Cloud Product (Coursera) Transfer cizzie 26 3,263 03-17-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Question Promo Codes, SL vs Sophia Breaachh 11 691 02-11-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Breaachh
  Sophia Credit Transfer StudyKing21 1 500 01-19-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Transfer Sophia.org credits to Penn State World Campus? nomaduser 16 2,914 12-19-2023, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Dlynn1219
  Which UoPeople courses to transfer and where? ecdw94 10 2,695 11-13-2023, 05:29 PM
Last Post: ecdw94
  Basic Question About Sophia Touchstones RachelB 10 1,839 10-09-2023, 10:46 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  What happened to all the transfer discounts? harrypotter 2 518 06-14-2023, 09:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  5 Study.com Classes EXPIRING 4/30 smarterby1degree 13 2,168 05-19-2023, 02:22 AM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Sophia - Transfer Credits Directly to School? rowan555 6 13,387 04-16-2023, 04:36 PM
Last Post: rachel83az