Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
timeline for applying - enrolling
I seem to remember something about once you are accepted at COSC, you need to pay something to enroll?

My sons were accepted but they haven't gotten any instructions to pay anything and enroll.

Only one of them has received their advising worksheet with the classes they accepted.

What's the timeline with applying/enrolling etc?
I don't know the timeline, but I know that you have to pay a per-term fee each term that you're there, so I would imagine that will kick in this fall. I wouldn't enroll there until you're actually ready to take a course.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a study.com tuition discount at charter oak state college?  Or straighterline discount for charter oak tuition?
(06-26-2020, 04:52 PM)Pathfinder Wrote: I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a study.com tuition discount at charter oak state college?  Or straighterline discount for charter oak tuition?

If you complete 4 SL courses, you MAY get 10% off tuition: https://www.straighterline.com/colleges/...e-college/ The fine print says that it expired in 2016, but it's worth contacting SL/COSC anyway.
(06-26-2020, 04:52 PM)Pathfinder Wrote: I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a study.com tuition discount at charter oak state college?  Or straighterline discount for charter oak tuition?

on this part of SDC site it says 10% tuition at COSC. I don't know the details and can't confirm if it is still valid. https://study.com/college/school/index.html
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

Thanks for the response!  I'm trying to save everywhere I can!
I actually did find the timeline buried on their website: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...iculation/.

It's apply, send transcripts, acceptance, advising (evaluation of credits), confirm enrollment by paying $150 deposit (or maybe just enrolling?). Once you enroll you have to pay the "Student Services Fee" ($295) Fall, Spring and Summer. Since it was the second half of the summer term, my son is going to wait till Fall. Otherwise he would have to pay a fee for half the summer and then right away again in the fall.

It says your file is active for 6 months from applying. Will they really make us go get all the transcripts again if we wait 6 months to apply....ugh. If there are classes to add, I can understand but some of these RA places take a long time to send them.
COSC's undergrad enrollment fee is $150. 

You have a 6 month window from applying to enrolling at COSC, otherwise you have to re-apply (and pay another application fee, re-send all official transcripts from any college ever attended plus AP transcripts, do the transfer credit review process again, etc.).

I applied to COSC early June.... didn't get my transfer credit review until mid-fall. My process with COSC was very long... so long I ended up already applying to/graduating from Pierpont CTC before COSC was even done with my credit review process. I had applied to Pierpont CTC and COSC at the same time last summer. I didn't get my AP scores to COSC from the start so that was partly my fault, but it still took months after that. I suggest emailing COSC asking for a transfer credit status update. I had to email them numerous times to get mine, and mine still took many months. 

Are you sure you have to pay the student services fee for semester you didn't take a class at? Say you "enroll" now and sign up for a spring class. Do you really have to pay COSC a fall 2021 student services fee?
If I am remembering correctly, I applied to COSC something like 5 years ago and had my transcripts sent then. I reapplied this past spring, and they still had all of my transcripts from my previous application. I'd added some courses so I sent new transcripts for that.
So I think (at least based on my experience) that they hold onto transcripts, at least for a few years.
Yeah, that's the same for me as well, I applied to all three of them, COSC, Excelsior, TESU. They will keep your transcripts on file for a few years, your application is just "inactive" if you're not going to enroll in their courses or start their program. It's a good thing they don't email spam you, otherwise... I would have emailed them over and over again to remove me from their mailing list. I actually like the fact they keep your info on file, so just in case "something" happens, you have an option to go to the school you want to finish with if changes occur.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Optimal COSC Timeline? LongRoad 10 2,015 10-19-2020, 11:43 AM
Last Post: weightsrheavy
  Enrolling before July 1st to save Non-Accredited Options vanglorious 11 2,793 06-22-2020, 06:00 PM
Last Post: dfrecore