Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where should I take these courses?
Hi there, I am pursuing the TESU B.A. Lib Arts with a concentration in HR Management and only have the following courses left to take:

*CAPSTONE (required to take at TESU) (3 CREDITS)
*SOS-110 (required to take at TESU) (3 CREDITS)
*ANY UPPER LEVEL LIBERAL ARTS COURSE 300+  (3 CREDITS)
*MAN-331 HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT (3 CREDITS)
*MAN-415 CHANGE MANANGEMENT (3 CREDITS)
MAN-311 ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR (3 CREDITS)
MAN-425 ADVANCED ORGANIZATIONAL MANAGEMENT (3 CREDITS)
PSY-360 ORGANIZATIONAL THEORY (3 CREDITS)
PSY-363 INDUSTRIAL PSYCHOLOGY (3 CREDITS)

My question: I would like to avoid the ridiculous $3192 out-of-state residency fee by taking 16 of these credits at TESU. With that said, which 3 COURSES should I take ESLEWHERE that would be cheap, fast and easy? (Im a busy single Mom who works a FT day job)

Thanks in advance!!
Davar has MAN-311.

SDC has PSY-360 (Business 323). They also have "Psychology 301: Industrial/Organizational Psychology" but that transfers in as PSY-401: Industrial/Organizational Psychology and I'm not sure TESU will accept that as equal to PSY-363 (but they might). Business 307: Leadership & Organizational Behavior comes in as MAN-312 Advanced Organizational Behavior; I think this will substitute but you should check.

For an UL Lib Arts course, I would strongly advise the UL options at Olivet. These are completely self-paced courses with no deadlines and no up-front payment. I would also suggest Death Investigation, due to the lower cost, except they are still having issues with the new ACE/Acclaim system. But there are other options. See the big list here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...pper_Level

My suggestion: If at all possible, take only 5 of these classes at TESU and 4 classes elsewhere. That will give you only 15 credits. Then you add the 1-credit Jane Austin course: https://www2.tesu.edu/course.php?CourseCode=ENG-298&sem= This does give you slightly more coursework but you will actually be saving money.

$8304 - 16 credits at TESU
$0150 - 3 Lib Arts credits at Olivet
$0070 - 3 credits at Davar
$0200 - 6 credits at SDC
-------------
$8724 total

$9324 - 18 credits at TESU
$0200 - 6 credits at SDC
------------------
$9612

$4639 - 16 credits at once at TESU, flat rate (not recommended!)
$0150 - 3 Lib Arts credits at Olivet
$0200 - 6 credits at SDC
----------
$5059

$9278 - 18 credits at TESU, split into 2 terms; slight flat-rate discount
$0200 - 6 credits at SDC
-----------
$9548
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
You only need 18cr of UL, and 9cr will come from the capstone, Change Management, and Adv Org Mgmt, leaving 3 UL courses.  I'd only do the minimum of UL courses required, no reason to do more UL than you need to.

I would also do the minimum of 16cr at TESU unless you are just rolling in money.  So choose 1 add'l UL HR course from TESU, and then the 1cr Jane Austen course.

Take at TESU
*CAPSTONE
*SOS-110
*MAN-415 CHANGE MANAGEMENT - can't be taken inexpensively elsewhere
*MAN-425 ADVANCED ORGANIZATIONAL MANAGEMENT[b] - can't be taken inexpensively elsewhere[/b]

These can be taken at Study.com
MAN-331 HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT - BUS 106: Human Resource Management
MAN-311 ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR - BUS 107: Organizational Behavior or BUS 307: Leadership and Organizational Behavior (UL)
PSY-360 ORGANIZATIONAL THEORY - BUS 323: Organizational Theory[b] (UL)[/b]
PSY-363 INDUSTRIAL PSYCHOLOGY - PSY 301: Industrial/Organizational Psychology[b] (UL)[/b]

These can be taken as UExcel Exams
MAN-331 HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT - BUSx410: Human Resource Management (UL)
MAN-311 ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR - BUSx315: Organizational Behavior (UL)

This can be gotten inexpensively at a number of places
*ANY UL LA COURSE - (doesn't have to be UL I don't think)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
nickyberit, I got your PM, didn't have time to reply until now... anyways, after corresponding with you previously, you should only be 9 credits away from the BALS with needing just 1 UL and the cornerstone/capstone.  My suggestion is multi-fold... and it goes by cost/ease/speed with value/ROI smacked into 3 options... I highly recommend option 1.  But for the "crazy frugal - want everything" person in me, I would choose option 2 for myself if I was in your shoes!

1) SKIP the HR concentration in the BALS, just finish the BALS with no concentration, or if you're closer to a Humanities/Social Science concentration, choose either of those.  Use your energy/money/time and ROI on a more valuable Masters instead.  A Masters will trump a Bachelors any day of the week.  You can go for the Brandman or UMPI MAOL and work on a PHR/SPHR cert afterwards, the BALS+MAOL would be better than just a BALS HR... Link: https://www.umpi.edu/yourpace/maol/ or https://www.brandman.edu/academic-progra...ip-my-path

2) Instead of doing the BALS with HR concentration of 18 credits and taking 16-18 credits residency credits, you may want to do a double degree.  A BALS with whichever concentration you're closest to (or no concentration) AND a BSBA with the HR concentration.  The main differences between the BALS HR and BSBA HR is, the degree, and required courses.  BALS HR has the same courses required as the undergrad HR Cert, two courses aren't available as alternative credit.  However, the BSBA HR - ALL courses are available through alternative credit!

3) Continue with BALS HR concentration, taking 16-18 credits residency.  It will cost you about $8304 - 16 credits or $9324 - 18 credits.  You will need the 3 courses to be taken at TESU - capstone, Change Management, and Adv Org Man and transfer in the rest through Study.com (see dfrecore's post).  I highly recommend not taking them all in 1 flat term rate, you may want to see if you can split it into two terms.  I would also try to split the courses evenly so you don't get bogged down by taking all Upper Level and hardest courses at the same time.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I have the following Upper level courses left to take for TESU's Liberal Studies - HR Management degree

Does anyone have an ideas where I should take the following courses cheap and fast? I really dont want to pay the big bucks at TESU. I plan on taking my Capstone and SOS-110 there bc they make you.

MAN-331 Human Resources Management 3 SH

[size=undefined][size=undefined]MAN-415 Change Management 3 SH[/size][/size]
[size=undefined][size=undefined]MAN-311 Organizational Behavior 3 SH [/size][/size]
[size=undefined][size=undefined]MAN-425 Advanced Organizational Management 3 SH[/size][/size]
[size=undefined][size=undefined]PSY-360 Organizational Theory 3 SH [/size][/size]
[size=undefined][size=undefined]PSY-363 Industrial Psychology 3 SH 
[/size][/size]

Thanks in advance!!
MAN-311: Davar Organizational Behavior
PSY-360: Study.com Business 323
PSY-363: Study.com Psychology 301 comes in as PSY-401 Industrial/Organizational Psychology. Should work but not positive.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Have you reviewed this? https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...se-courses?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
You can't get Change Management or Advanced Org Mgmt anywhere cheaply.

I would say that this is not a degree/concentration I would suggest getting. Instead, just do a BALS.

Or else switch to a school where you can do something like that, but is cheaper. I would suggest the UMPI MyPace CB program for a Bachelor's in Liberal Studies with a Management minor, or Univ of Mary Hardin-Baylor MyWay CB program for a BAS in Org Leadership.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[attachment=3504 Wrote:bjcheung77 pid='329233' dateline='1612485573']nickyberit, I got your PM, didn't have time to reply until now... anyways, after corresponding with you previously, you should only be 9 credits away from the BALS with needing just 1 UL and the cornerstone/capstone.  My suggestion is multi-fold... and it goes by cost/ease/speed with value/ROI smacked into 3 options... I highly recommend option 1.  But for the "crazy frugal - want everything" person in me, I would choose option 2 for myself if I was in your shoes!
Hi bjcheung77! I thought so too! I just got my evaluation from TESU, 4 of my courses that I thought would come in as UL Lib Arts courses (Social Psychology, Human Sexuality, Intro to World Politics, and Business Communications) came in as LL. The reason I thought this was because the 2020 course generator showed them as UL. Now the 2021 official evaluation shows them as LL. This has really thrown me off now because I thought I only had the capstone, soc 110 and one UL Lib Arts course left. Nope! 
Could you take a look at my official evaluation attached and then tell me what you think I should do?
Thanks and thanks to everyone who gave me feedback! Much appreciated Smile

.png   BALS 1.PNG (Size: 172.2 KB / Downloads: 17)
.png   BALS 2.PNG (Size: 215.19 KB / Downloads: 11)
.png   BALS 3.PNG (Size: 142.25 KB / Downloads: 12)
.png   BALS 4.PNG (Size: 94.53 KB / Downloads: 12)
.png   BALS 5.PNG (Size: 141.81 KB / Downloads: 12)

.png   BALS 6.PNG (Size: 157.8 KB / Downloads: 11)

p.s. at this point, unless Im wrong, it looks like it doesnt matter if do the BALS or the BALS-HR Mngmt, I have to take the same amount of extra courses? I just want to do whichever is fastest, cheapest and easy!
(02-24-2021, 07:01 PM)nickyberit Wrote:
(02-04-2021, 07:39 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: nickyberit, I got your PM, didn't have time to reply until now... anyways, after corresponding with you previously, you should only be 9 credits away from the BALS with needing just 1 UL and the cornerstone/capstone.  My suggestion is multi-fold... and it goes by cost/ease/speed with value/ROI smacked into 3 options... I highly recommend option 1.  But for the "crazy frugal - want everything" person in me, I would choose option 2 for myself if I was in your shoes!
Hi bjcheung77! I thought so too! I just got my evaluation from TESU, 4 of my courses that I thought would come in as UL Lib Arts courses (Social Psychology, Human Sexuality, Intro to World Politics, and Business Communications) came in as LL. The reason I thought this was because the 2020 course generator showed them as UL. Now the 2021 official evaluation shows them as LL. This has really thrown me off now because I thought I only had the capstone, soc 110 and one UL Lib Arts course left. Nope! 
Could you take a look at my official evaluation attached and then tell me what you think I should do?
Thanks and thanks to everyone who gave me feedback! Much appreciated Smile

p.s. at this point, unless Im wrong, it looks like it doesnt matter if do the BALS or the BALS-HR Mngmt, I have to take the same amount of extra courses? I just want to do whichever is fastest, cheapest and easy!

Where did you take courses that you thought would come in as UL?  If they were at a CC, then 100% they will come in as LL.  If you took them at a 4yr school, and they were considered UL at that school, TESU probably made a mistake - so can you give more info there? Like, name the 4yr school and the course number/name, and I can tell you if there's a numbering convention that they did incorrectly.

For instance, in CA, the CSU System schools are broken up into 3 different numbering systems a) 3 schools are 1-99 LL/100-199 UL; b) 16 schools are 100-299 LL/300-499 UL; 4 schools are 1000-2999 LL/3000-4999 UL.  The UC schools are all the same: 1-99 LL/100-199 UL.  TESU routinely gets the LL/UL wrong when they do an eval with credits from one of these schools on here (and even put 1-99 course numbers as developmental).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 323 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) Courses LevelUP 6 460 03-18-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Taking Math Courses at TESU legenwait4itdary 5 577 02-02-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Courses gams007 38 3,830 05-07-2023, 04:39 PM
Last Post: CanICode
  Possible to take Graduate Courses while completing a Bachelor's Degree? Ninjadude 6 602 03-16-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU - BACS, where to take courses? mt_1994 11 1,317 02-09-2023, 04:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to withdraw courses under new system? jch 1 606 01-22-2023, 07:31 PM
Last Post: KsT
  Does TESU ever accept Edx.org courses? Wayne195 1 788 01-06-2023, 09:39 AM
  Tried sending ACE Saylor courses not listed on equivalency lists? spohara 15 1,370 12-19-2022, 05:49 PM
  Top 10 Most Popular TESU Courses LevelUP 2 659 12-12-2022, 01:49 PM
Last Post: LevelUP