Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
How to find out Study.com pricing BEFORE giving all my info - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: How to find out Study.com pricing BEFORE giving all my info (/Thread-How-to-find-out-Study-com-pricing-BEFORE-giving-all-my-info)

Pages: 1 2 3

How to find out Study.com pricing BEFORE giving all my info - MrsBulletPoints - 10-02-2018

Hello,

I'm new here.  I have been trying to no avail to find out what Study.com's pricing is without having to FIRST give them my name, phone number, email address AND credit card number.  I just want information but there is no way (that I can find) to get it without answering every question they ask and clicking continue. I really wanted to know so I continued through all their steps, answering questions, giving info until I got to the credit card information.  By then I was fed up and quit. All I wanted to know was how much it costs so I can make a decision.  Why do they need all that from me?

Seems everyone wants your data these days... I could understand if I were on a site offering free services.  My data is the price I pay, but not for something like this.

Is this a new thing? Any suggestions?

RE: How to find out Study.com pricing BEFORE giving all my info - MNomadic - 10-02-2018

For the college accelerator subscription it costs $199/month. If you prepay for a whole year, they drop it down to $179/month.

RE: How to find out Study.com pricing BEFORE giving all my info - allvia - 10-02-2018

(10-02-2018, 01:23 PM)MrsBulletPoints Wrote: Hello,

I'm new here.  I have been trying to no avail to find out what Study.com's pricing is without having to FIRST give them my name, phone number, email address AND credit card number.  I just want information but there is no way (that I can find) to get it without answering every question they ask and clicking continue. I really wanted to know so I continued through all their steps, answering questions, giving info until I got to the credit card information.  By then I was fed up and quit. All I wanted to know was how much it costs so I can make a decision.  Why do they need all that from me?

Seems everyone wants your data these days... I could understand if I were on a site offering free services.  My data is the price I pay, but not for something like this.

https://study.com/academy/plans.html - Currently the College Accelerator (the one you need to take exams for credit) is $200 a month, that includes 2 exams, you can add additional exams within the month for $70 each after you complete the first two.  If you do not use those two exams in the month they do not carry forward.  Myself, I have never had an issue with not being able to complete the two exams (none have gone to 'waste').  I just commit to completing at least a  'chapter a day' and it goes along pretty quickly without being endless hours upon hours (or feeling that way - at least for most topics  Smile )

RE: How to find out Study.com pricing BEFORE giving all my info - cookderosa - 10-02-2018

My cat Cracy has an email address for such situations. Wink

RE: How to find out Study.com pricing BEFORE giving all my info - Murdockb - 10-02-2018

(10-02-2018, 03:24 PM)cookderosa Wrote:

My cat Cracy has an email address for such situations.  Wink
Yes, but does Cracy have a credit card?  Big Grin

RE: How to find out Study.com pricing BEFORE giving all my info - quigongene - 10-02-2018

(10-02-2018, 03:24 PM)cookderosa Wrote: My cat Cracy has an email address for such situations. Wink

See?! You DO understand infosec!! ;-)

RE: How to find out Study.com pricing BEFORE giving all my info - zzzz24 - 10-02-2018

Don't know what you are doing, but I was able to make it to the pricing section by making up a name/email address, didn't have to enter any credit card info until you are ready to actually pay.

RE: How to find out Study.com pricing BEFORE giving all my info - MrsBulletPoints - 10-13-2018

(10-02-2018, 05:47 PM)zzzz24 Wrote: Don't know what you are doing, but I was able to make it to the pricing section by making up a name/email address, didn't have to enter any credit card info until you are ready to actually pay.

On the page asking for credit card info there's a box with one price based on my answers, but not a list of pricing plans or anything like that.  How did you get to it?

RE: How to find out Study.com pricing BEFORE giving all my info - zzzz24 - 10-13-2018

If you are talking about the college accelerator plan (in order to obtain college level credits) there is only one plan at $199 a month.

RE: How to find out Study.com pricing BEFORE giving all my info - AwardTour - 10-13-2018

(10-02-2018, 02:02 PM)allvia Wrote:

https://study.com/academy/plans.html - Currently the College Accelerator (the one you need to take exams for credit) is $200 a month, that includes 2 exams, you can add additional exams within the month for $70 each after you complete the first two.  If you do not use those two exams in the month they do not carry forward.  Myself, I have never had an issue with not being able to complete the two exams (none have gone to 'waste').  I just commit to completing at least a  'chapter a day' and it goes along pretty quickly without being endless hours upon hours (or feeling that way - at least for most topics  Smile )
Thanks for writing this post. I plan on taking a few Study.com classes soon. I forgot that you were limited to two exams per month for the $200 and had to pay for additional ones. I plan on doing 3 classes with them, thanks again.