Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to find out Study.com pricing BEFORE giving all my info
Hello,

I'm new here.  I have been trying to no avail to find out what Study.com's pricing is without having to FIRST give them my name, phone number, email address AND credit card number.  I just want information but there is no way (that I can find) to get it without answering every question they ask and clicking continue. I really wanted to know so I continued through all their steps, answering questions, giving info until I got to the credit card information.  By then I was fed up and quit. All I wanted to know was how much it costs so I can make a decision.  Why do they need all that from me?

Seems everyone wants your data these days... I could understand if I were on a site offering free services.  My data is the price I pay, but not for something like this.

Is this a new thing? Any suggestions?
For the college accelerator subscription it costs $199/month. If you prepay for a whole year, they drop it down to $179/month.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(10-02-2018, 01:23 PM)MrsBulletPoints Wrote: Hello,

I'm new here.  I have been trying to no avail to find out what Study.com's pricing is without having to FIRST give them my name, phone number, email address AND credit card number.  I just want information but there is no way (that I can find) to get it without answering every question they ask and clicking continue. I really wanted to know so I continued through all their steps, answering questions, giving info until I got to the credit card information.  By then I was fed up and quit. All I wanted to know was how much it costs so I can make a decision.  Why do they need all that from me?

Seems everyone wants your data these days... I could understand if I were on a site offering free services.  My data is the price I pay, but not for something like this.

https://study.com/academy/plans.html - Currently the College Accelerator (the one you need to take exams for credit) is $200 a month, that includes 2 exams, you can add additional exams within the month for $70 each after you complete the first two.  If you do not use those two exams in the month they do not carry forward.  Myself, I have never had an issue with not being able to complete the two exams (none have gone to 'waste').  I just commit to completing at least a  'chapter a day' and it goes along pretty quickly without being endless hours upon hours (or feeling that way - at least for most topics  Smile )
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 3 users Like allvia's post:
  • AwardTour, MrsBulletPoints, Muldoon

My cat Cracy has an email address for such situations. Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes cookderosa's post:
  • Eddie98
(10-02-2018, 03:24 PM)cookderosa Wrote:

My cat Cracy has an email address for such situations.  Wink
Yes, but does Cracy have a credit card?  Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Murdockb's post:
  • cookderosa, Johmford
(10-02-2018, 03:24 PM)cookderosa Wrote: My cat Cracy has an email address for such situations. Wink

See?! You DO understand infosec!! ;-)
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

[-] The following 1 user Likes quigongene's post:
  • cookderosa
Don't know what you are doing, but I was able to make it to the pricing section by making up a name/email address, didn't have to enter any credit card info until you are ready to actually pay.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
(10-02-2018, 05:47 PM)zzzz24 Wrote: Don't know what you are doing, but I was able to make it to the pricing section by making up a name/email address, didn't have to enter any credit card info until you are ready to actually pay.

On the page asking for credit card info there's a box with one price based on my answers, but not a list of pricing plans or anything like that.  How did you get to it?
If you are talking about the college accelerator plan (in order to obtain college level credits) there is only one plan at $199 a month.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
(10-02-2018, 02:02 PM)allvia Wrote:

https://study.com/academy/plans.html - Currently the College Accelerator (the one you need to take exams for credit) is $200 a month, that includes 2 exams, you can add additional exams within the month for $70 each after you complete the first two.  If you do not use those two exams in the month they do not carry forward.  Myself, I have never had an issue with not being able to complete the two exams (none have gone to 'waste').  I just commit to completing at least a  'chapter a day' and it goes along pretty quickly without being endless hours upon hours (or feeling that way - at least for most topics  Smile )
Thanks for writing this post. I plan on taking a few Study.com classes soon. I forgot that you were limited to two exams per month for the $200 and had to pay for additional ones. I plan on doing 3 classes with them, thanks again.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,361 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,490 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,742 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 606 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  CalCampus giving up Regional Accreditation? GameSlinger 4 426 02-07-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,814 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue