Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to find out Study.com pricing BEFORE giving all my info
Hello,

I'm new here.  I have been trying to no avail to find out what Study.com's pricing is without having to FIRST give them my name, phone number, email address AND credit card number.  I just want information but there is no way (that I can find) to get it without answering every question they ask and clicking continue. I really wanted to know so I continued through all their steps, answering questions, giving info until I got to the credit card information.  By then I was fed up and quit. All I wanted to know was how much it costs so I can make a decision.  Why do they need all that from me?

Seems everyone wants your data these days... I could understand if I were on a site offering free services.  My data is the price I pay, but not for something like this.

Is this a new thing? Any suggestions?
For the college accelerator subscription it costs $199/month. If you prepay for a whole year, they drop it down to $179/month.
Planning to transfer to WGU BSIT DEC 2020    

B&M(22cr): Anat/Phys 1/2 +Labs, Eng Comp 1, Sust. Cities, Orientation Courses, Intro Hlth+Well, Functional Anat/Kin
TESU(4cr): Chem 1 Lab, DC circuits
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training: 85/99cr
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(?cr): Losing track since I signed up for all of them Tongue
Study.com(22cr): Eng 105, Fin 102, His 108, Lib Sci 101, Math 104, Stat 101
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(6cr): Robotics, Cyber
CSM(3cr)
CompTIA: A+
(10-02-2018, 01:23 PM)MrsBulletPoints Wrote: Hello,

I'm new here.  I have been trying to no avail to find out what Study.com's pricing is without having to FIRST give them my name, phone number, email address AND credit card number.  I just want information but there is no way (that I can find) to get it without answering every question they ask and clicking continue. I really wanted to know so I continued through all their steps, answering questions, giving info until I got to the credit card information.  By then I was fed up and quit. All I wanted to know was how much it costs so I can make a decision.  Why do they need all that from me?

Seems everyone wants your data these days... I could understand if I were on a site offering free services.  My data is the price I pay, but not for something like this.

https://study.com/academy/plans.html - Currently the College Accelerator (the one you need to take exams for credit) is $200 a month, that includes 2 exams, you can add additional exams within the month for $70 each after you complete the first two.  If you do not use those two exams in the month they do not carry forward.  Myself, I have never had an issue with not being able to complete the two exams (none have gone to 'waste').  I just commit to completing at least a  'chapter a day' and it goes along pretty quickly without being endless hours upon hours (or feeling that way - at least for most topics  Smile )
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management, December 2018
- ASNSM in Computer Science, December 2018
[-] The following 3 users Like allvia's post:
  • AwardTour, MrsBulletPoints, Muldoon

My cat Cracy has an email address for such situations. Wink
(10-02-2018, 03:24 PM)cookderosa Wrote:

My cat Cracy has an email address for such situations.  Wink
Yes, but does Cracy have a credit card?  Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Murdockb's post:
  • cookderosa, Johmford
(10-02-2018, 03:24 PM)cookderosa Wrote: My cat Cracy has an email address for such situations. Wink

See?! You DO understand infosec!! ;-)
Working On:  WGU MS-ITM (start early 2020), GA Tech OMSC (start early 2021?)
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019)
Journey Thread:  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity

[-] The following 1 user Likes quigongene's post:
  • cookderosa
Don't know what you are doing, but I was able to make it to the pricing section by making up a name/email address, didn't have to enter any credit card info until you are ready to actually pay.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
(10-02-2018, 05:47 PM)zzzz24 Wrote: Don't know what you are doing, but I was able to make it to the pricing section by making up a name/email address, didn't have to enter any credit card info until you are ready to actually pay.

On the page asking for credit card info there's a box with one price based on my answers, but not a list of pricing plans or anything like that.  How did you get to it?
If you are talking about the college accelerator plan (in order to obtain college level credits) there is only one plan at $199 a month.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
(10-02-2018, 02:02 PM)allvia Wrote:

https://study.com/academy/plans.html - Currently the College Accelerator (the one you need to take exams for credit) is $200 a month, that includes 2 exams, you can add additional exams within the month for $70 each after you complete the first two.  If you do not use those two exams in the month they do not carry forward.  Myself, I have never had an issue with not being able to complete the two exams (none have gone to 'waste').  I just commit to completing at least a  'chapter a day' and it goes along pretty quickly without being endless hours upon hours (or feeling that way - at least for most topics  Smile )
Thanks for writing this post. I plan on taking a few Study.com classes soon. I forgot that you were limited to two exams per month for the $200 and had to pay for additional ones. I plan on doing 3 classes with them, thanks again.
WGU Bachelor of Science in Business - Information Technology Management {95 of 120 CUs Completed} 
TESU BSBA-CIS (Change of plans for a number of reasons. I made the switch to WGU!!!) 
-----------------------------------------------------
Free Credits: None of my credits from free credit sources transferred.

ALEKS: College Algebra transferred to fulfill both my College & Intermediate Algebra requirements.  

SOPHIA: 10 of 19 courses transferred. 

STUDY.COM: 14 of 18 courses transferred.

WGU: Critical Thinking and Logic – C168, Organizational Behavior – C715, Business of IT Applications – C179,
Workforce Planning: Recruitment and Selection – C234 

currently working on: WGU Information Systems Management – C724

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Study.com : the REFER20 Doesn't work. Any other 20% off codes? vanglorious 5 274 06-02-2020, 11:31 PM
Last Post: kevie
  Study.com Promo? Erikabol 0 329 06-02-2020, 09:46 AM
Last Post: Erikabol
  Cancel Study.com question desoren 2 129 05-31-2020, 01:05 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 212 138,123 05-29-2020, 07:16 PM
Last Post: schlocker
Big Grin Open Book Exam on Study.com FIN 301? meganelaine092 4 175 05-29-2020, 11:25 AM
Last Post: jcooke
Smile TESU..Where to Find Civic Engagement Section Classes? tls7291 7 198 05-28-2020, 06:55 PM
Last Post: tls7291
  TESU not accepting a slew of Study.com computer courses anymore jsh1138 26 2,883 05-27-2020, 10:31 AM
Last Post: Clepper43
  TESU..Where to Find Natural World Section Classes? tls7291 3 118 05-25-2020, 08:13 PM
Last Post: Lacedonia4
  How to find out which courses are accepted by SNHU? Ruroni 6 283 05-22-2020, 10:29 AM
Last Post: Clepper43
  Saylor vs. Study.com eminor7 6 293 05-22-2020, 01:09 AM
Last Post: eminor7