Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Study.com for World History TECEP
#1
Has anyone used the study.com Study Prep class for the World History TECEP. I completed it and did a little on Saylor, but found Saylor to be too disjointed and way too much to read. I passed the Saylor final exam (barely--72%) and I am re-taking the exams on study.com to review before taking the study.com final. If anyone else has used study.com to prepare for the TECEP, did you pass? Has anyone taken the World History TECEP and passed? Thanks!
Reply
#2
bannerfield Wrote:Has anyone used the study.com Study Prep class for the World History TECEP. I completed it and did a little on Saylor, but found Saylor to be too disjointed and way too much to read. I passed the Saylor final exam (barely--72%) and I am re-taking the exams on study.com to review before taking the study.com final. If anyone else has used study.com to prepare for the TECEP, did you pass? Has anyone taken the World History TECEP and passed? Thanks!

Maybe I'm missing something but if you are planning on taking the Final for Study.Com why not just take the Final for Credit and be done with it?
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Reply
#3
Synicaal Wrote:Maybe I'm missing something but if you are planning on taking the Final for Study.Com why not just take the Final for Credit and be done with it?

There is no World History Study.com course that is credit-bearing.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Reply
#4
dfrecore Wrote:There is no World History Study.com course that is credit-bearing.

Thanks, I knew I was missing something.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Reply
#5
Sorry about reviving an old thread, but I just did this TECEP exam a while ago and passed it. Smile

I used both the Saylor and the Study world history courses. The Saylor course is very disjointed with 800 page books to read that will likely not appear on the TECEP exam. I felt the Mughal empire unit was still very relevant. The French Revolution unit also felt helpful for me. I felt the Saylor final exam to be a good measure of the TECEP. Some of the questions were similar and regarding the difficulty level, the TECEP was a bit easier.

Study is a fabulous study guide for this exam. So, so worth it. It helped with knowledge gaps and it felt very well organized. The final unit of modern society is not covered on the Saylor exam but several questions appear on the TECEP.

If pressed for time, I think grinding the study course and then direct to the saylor exam in 2 or 3 days should be enough to pass this exam.
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Free Course at UPI Study (Code: FREECOURSE) & Discount $450 Lifetime Plan Ends 9/7 Captainrekt000 12 1,956 09-23-2026, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  This College Now Verifies Students’ Real-World Skills To Help Them Get Jobs LevelUP 0 377 08-17-2026, 08:32 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Thoughts on BYU Independent Study's religion courses? daydream 9 1,304 08-13-2026, 01:14 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Meet the philosopher-in-training who will be at the VAR monitor this World Cup Charles Fout 7 1,228 06-22-2026, 01:13 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Useful information for anyone who eventually wants to study in Canada. Dowew 1 1,036 03-01-2026, 09:47 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Marketing Communications TECEP bringit 5 4,294 01-04-2026, 03:04 PM
Last Post: gingersnaplamb
  Open Universities around the world Robson 8 5,537 01-02-2026, 03:40 PM
Last Post: EliEverIsAHero
  study.com trial help rodlers 4 5,613 05-14-2025, 10:58 AM
Last Post: rodlers
Lightbulb I traveled the world while taking OL classes because it was cheaper than room & board LevelUP 3 2,579 04-09-2025, 04:24 AM
Last Post: Haddep
  10-Year-Old Whiz Kid to Make History as Crafton Hills College’s Youngest Graduate jsd 0 2,759 04-09-2025, 02:03 AM
Last Post: jsd

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)