Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Degree audit?
#1
Hi- who do I contact for an accurate and updated degree audit? It feels like every time I get one from someone it is different, classes that I did in fact take (at UMPI even) will be missing, etc. I also notice they don't fill in the UL portion of the audit, which is what I need to know because I want to know how many left I have to take. I wish there was a way for us to pull our own degree audits, like a typical bachelors program Sad

Also- I am a bit confused on the transfer course rules. I know you can transfer unlimited courses, but only 90 credits can be applied to your degree. How does that work? Just an example, if I took a 5 credit psych 101 course at a different school, would that transfer in as 5 credits at umpi? Or since the class it transfers in as would be psych 100 3 credits, does it mean I've transferred in 3 credits? Trying to figure out how many more courses I can transfer in.

Last question, I'm confused on the requirements for the residency credits. 30 credits need to be taken at UMPI, how many have to be UL? Any tips for doing a degree audit on my own?

Thanks in advance

edit; asking here because it seems they are really busy at UMPI with end of session things, and wrapping up for break, which is understandable.
Reply
#2
Was your college on the quarter system? 5 credits for a psych class sounds like they're on quarters and not semesters.

You can transfer in 500 credits to UMPI. They'll all appear on your transcript. Only 90 will be applied to your degree program. You must complete a minimum of 30 credits at UMPI. Yes, you will need to complete UL courses at UMPI, but that varies by degree program.

It's the end of the year. Everywhere is busy now. Most colleges shutdown mid December through mid January and have minimal staff due to on campus students being gone.
Reply
#3
(12-15-2023, 02:42 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Was your college on the quarter system? 5 credits for a psych class sounds like they're on quarters and not semesters.

You can transfer in 500 credits to UMPI. They'll all appear on your transcript. Only 90 will be applied to your degree program. You must complete a minimum of 30 credits at UMPI. Yes, you will need to complete UL courses at UMPI, but that varies by degree program.

It's the end of the year. Everywhere is busy now. Most colleges shutdown mid December through mid January and have minimal staff due to on campus students being gone.

No haha, the psych question was just an example of how the credits would transfer over, I don't actually have a psych class to transfer in. But I do have some courses that were 4 credits at my previous school but the equiv. at umpi is 3 credits, so i'm not sure if that would count as 4 credits transferred or 3 credits transferred.
Reply
#4
If they're 4 semester credits, then they'll transfer as 4 credits.
Reply
#5
That's right, if you're on the quarter system, they'll get transferred in differently and if you need to make up credits, they'll provide you options such as an extra spot for electives. If you're on the semester system, you'll get semester credits transferred into the degree. The main thing is the requirements are met, the number of credits can be adjusted accordingly or properly depending on what credit system the previous institution was using. Send in all transcripts for an evaluation and wait for the response, they'll indicate what classes have been met and what are remaining...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3RTJ3I9
UPI Study https://www.upistudy.com/?ref=f6bc41

Pre-Med Online, MSc Biomedical Sciences (Starting Jan 2026)
In Progress: UoPeople BS Health Science

Completed: UMPI BAS & MAOL (2025)
TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Reply
#6
Are you looking on MaineStreet? It's well known for being problematic for YourPace students. Just confirm with your academic advisor that you've met the required courses. They'll be able to guide you with what courses you have remaining. If they say you need something that should have transferred, let them know so it can be corrected.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Lady_Gumshoe
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI Your Pace New General Education Requirements Fall 2026 (New Degree Plan) LevelUP 8 3,978 08-13-2026, 07:14 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  BLS Degree Plan Help clj626 8 1,190 07-20-2026, 02:44 PM
Last Post: clj626
Question Degree advice pumi 7 1,226 06-11-2026, 11:26 AM
Last Post: pumi
  Major BBA Degree Changes To YourPace BBA Program Swiss Cognac 26 6,288 05-06-2026, 09:37 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  YourPace degree - does the diploma indicate anything to this effect? degreedude80 8 3,527 03-02-2026, 10:05 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  UMPI - Healthcare Administration Degree joshua27 1 2,171 11-11-2025, 11:48 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Psychology 2nd degree plan evanmonast 3 1,441 11-08-2025, 12:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Hello beautiful community ( business degree) Sara143 3 1,250 10-26-2025, 01:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Lightbulb 2nd Degree already earned? Jaxxon 5 1,762 10-26-2025, 04:30 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Returning to UMPI for a Second Degree – Questions About Transcripts and Application Alim83 22 6,943 08-17-2025, 05:23 PM
Last Post: SpartacusPM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)