Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
A HUGE Thank You - UMPI 8 Week Degree
#1
I just wanted to express my gratitude to those here who helped me over the past year. I didn't make many posts, but I submitted my template for planning advice, followed it, and graduated from UMPI with a 4.0 in 8 weeks. When I first started this journey a year ago I thought it would take me 5+ years to get my BA. That seemed like a daunting task. Now, based on my plans, it seems I'll at least be in my PhD program within 5 years and possibly be done with it. This completely transformed my life and my outlook on my future. For those who are on the fence or thinking it will be too hard or take too long, DO IT! Just start! And once you get rolling with it, it goes by quickly and it's actually quite fun.

Thank you all!


Attached Files
.png   Screenshot 2025-06-17 132940.png (Size: 59.45 KB / Downloads: 49)
[-] The following 6 users Like XNutty98's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley, LevelUP, origamishuttle, Pikachu, ss20ts, SteveFoerster
Reply
#2
(06-17-2025, 12:33 PM)XNutty98 Wrote: I just wanted to express my gratitude to those here who helped me over the past year. I didn't make many posts, but I submitted my template for planning advice, followed it, and graduated from UMPI with a 4.0 in 8 weeks. When I first started this journey a year ago I thought it would take me 5+ years to get my BA. That seemed like a daunting task. Now, based on my plans, it seems I'll at least be in my PhD program within 5 years and possibly be done with it. This completely transformed my life and my outlook on my future. For those who are on the fence or thinking it will be too hard or take too long, DO IT! Just start! And once you get rolling with it, it goes by quickly and it's actually quite fun.

Thank you all!

Whats your BA in? And whats your Phd going to be in?

(looks like Criminal Justice and History)
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • XNutty98
Reply
#3
(06-17-2025, 12:33 PM)XNutty98 Wrote: I just wanted to express my gratitude to those here who helped me over the past year. I didn't make many posts, but I submitted my template for planning advice, followed it, and graduated from UMPI with a 4.0 in 8 weeks. When I first started this journey a year ago I thought it would take me 5+ years to get my BA. That seemed like a daunting task. Now, based on my plans, it seems I'll at least be in my PhD program within 5 years and possibly be done with it. This completely transformed my life and my outlook on my future. For those who are on the fence or thinking it will be too hard or take too long, DO IT! Just start! And once you get rolling with it, it goes by quickly and it's actually quite fun.

Thank you all!

Yes, getting started is the hardest part.

You did it though!
Study.com – Get 10% Off: https://altcredit.click/study10

Degrees: BA Comp Sci; BS Business Admin (CIS); AS Nat Sci & Math — TESU (4.0 GPA)
Certs: Google (IT Support, Digital Marketing, Proj Mgmt); W3Schools PHP
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • origamishuttle, XNutty98
Reply
#4
(06-17-2025, 12:44 PM)natshar Wrote:
(06-17-2025, 12:33 PM)XNutty98 Wrote: I just wanted to express my gratitude to those here who helped me over the past year. I didn't make many posts, but I submitted my template for planning advice, followed it, and graduated from UMPI with a 4.0 in 8 weeks. When I first started this journey a year ago I thought it would take me 5+ years to get my BA. That seemed like a daunting task. Now, based on my plans, it seems I'll at least be in my PhD program within 5 years and possibly be done with it. This completely transformed my life and my outlook on my future. For those who are on the fence or thinking it will be too hard or take too long, DO IT! Just start! And once you get rolling with it, it goes by quickly and it's actually quite fun.

Thank you all!

Whats your BA in? And whats your Phd going to be in?

(looks like Criminal Justice and History)

I'm going for my Masters in Clinical Mental Health Counseling at LUO starting in the fall. After that's done (probably 3 years), I'm going into their School of Divinity to get a PhD in Applied Apologetics. I'd love to do the DMin but you basically have to be a pastor to do that I'm I'm certainly not one of those Smile

My BA is in Liberal Arts with a minor in Criminal Justice. I chose this because I have some connections at LU and will be moving to Lynchburg next fall. I can get on with campus security and me and my daughter go tuition free. That's the only reason I did the Criminal Justice minor.
[-] The following 3 users Like XNutty98's post:
  • jg_nuy, Jonathan Whatley, origamishuttle
Reply
#5
Great job! Congratulations on your achievement and completing the degree in one session! PhD in Applied Apologetics, eh? The first thing that came to mind was the lyrics to this song: https://genius.com/Onerepublic-apologize-lyrics
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3RTJ3I9
UPI Study https://www.upistudy.com/?ref=f6bc41

Pre-Med Online, MSc Biomedical Sciences (Starting Jan 2026)
In Progress: UoPeople BS Health Science

Completed: UMPI BAS & MAOL (2025)
TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Todd Wallack WP: For less than $100, I clicked my way toward a college degree in days LevelUP 32 4,824 09-28-2026, 04:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  A Free Accredited Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science – How Do We Get There? MNomadic 21 12,388 09-26-2026, 01:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 54 72,716 09-25-2026, 10:47 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Online bachelor's degree for students fluent in Japanese archsvt 2 2,318 08-03-2026, 09:15 PM
Last Post: ueacquire
  WaPo Article Questions Rapid Degree Completion ('Degree Hacking’) swlearner71 59 12,681 07-24-2026, 09:27 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  The Bachelor’s Degree: A Human Operating System LevelUP 3 1,639 07-23-2026, 07:58 AM
Last Post: soba
  Judge Tosses ED’s ‘Professional’ Degree Definition TINASAM 2 1,032 06-26-2026, 10:56 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  UoPeople degree paused in Minnesota TINASAM 11 2,399 06-12-2026, 03:04 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Degree walls wow 6 1,228 06-02-2026, 07:08 AM
Last Post: wow
  Degree via Validation of Acquired Experience (VAE) wheatenbread 2 1,900 04-20-2026, 01:15 PM
Last Post: PearsonOTHMQualifi7654

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)