Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Exam Feedback Posts & Academic Integrity
#6
cookderosa Wrote:I'm opposed to question sharing for ethical reasons, I don't know if there is a CLEP or IC policy, but I think the forum does a good job policing this issue.

I recall a thread last year where the OP promoted sharing answers to the free FEMA tests. That idea was quickly shredded by everybody else.

Quote:So, sharing ANSWERS is a waste of time. So, at the end of the day, is it ethical to share questions? There are zillions of practice tests, including ones put out by College board doing just that, so I'd have to say no.

Are you saying it isn't ethical because there are practice tests, or depite the fact there are practice tests? Just curious.

I see the forum as akin to the old teacher "foot stomp" when talking about a topic, as in "you probably should pay attention to this topic." That doesn't mean you know what the question will be, just that you should know that topic pretty well. For example, I can say "be sure you understand how to cite sources and how to read citations" for the Composition CLEP because it is a very significant percentage of the test and has an entire essay requirement based on the subject, but you still have to study it on your own.

BTW for OP I have had a few questions appear on a few CLEPs that were either verbatim or almost verbatim from the official CLEP practice tests. But I won't say which tests or questions.
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Exam Feedback Posts & Academic Integrity - by dcan - 02-23-2012, 02:56 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NYU foreign language proficiency exam lavagirl 8 3,640 09-09-2026, 03:41 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Academic ‘boot camp’ helps veterans build college confidence LevelUP 0 529 06-30-2026, 07:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Information The DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, and more! jsd 1 99,538 09-17-2025, 06:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BSC (Top-up) and Masters with Academic Institute Germany Maltus 4 2,586 09-14-2025, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Maltus
  Texas Academic Fresh Start revision clep3705 3 1,397 08-07-2025, 11:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Best path for interior design (NCIDQ exam) for bachelors in another field? spohara 9 10,260 06-25-2025, 05:47 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Seeking Feedback on Career Transition: From Firefighter to Remote Work/Digital Nomad DragonDF 28 13,492 01-31-2025, 12:05 PM
Last Post: DragonDF
  Quick, Cheap, Easy Academic Certificate kevinmane 11 8,297 09-10-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: CollegeStudentAC
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 5,938 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  TECEP Advertising updates or recent feedback? seanmathews 5 2,677 10-09-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Avidreader

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)