06-06-2012, 06:08 PM
My son is still one math course away from an A.A. degree after several months. If he could pass CLEP College Mathematics, CLEP College Algebra, or DSST Statistics, he'd be done. Personally I think DSST Statistics is the easiest to pass for a person who hates computations but is willing to memorize, but that is a digression.
Straighterline isn't accepted by his community college. He needs an online course from a brick and mortar school. Ideally it would be something with frequent unproctored tests over small amounts of material. I don't expect to find such a course. If he can't find an online course he can make a transferrable C in, then I suppose Straighterline with TESC or COSC is the only option for a degree.
Getting an A.A. degree is only half the battle. To get a B.A. from a brick and mortar school in our state, which is our preference, he needs credit for both College Algenra and either a Logic or Statistics course. We'd like to get credits for those courses over and done with once and for all.
Straighterline isn't accepted by his community college. He needs an online course from a brick and mortar school. Ideally it would be something with frequent unproctored tests over small amounts of material. I don't expect to find such a course. If he can't find an online course he can make a transferrable C in, then I suppose Straighterline with TESC or COSC is the only option for a degree.
Getting an A.A. degree is only half the battle. To get a B.A. from a brick and mortar school in our state, which is our preference, he needs credit for both College Algenra and either a Logic or Statistics course. We'd like to get credits for those courses over and done with once and for all.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)