09-12-2012, 04:21 PM
I beg to differ on the volunteer thing for young man. A young man needs to be earning money, not volunteering around his services. I notice that most volunteers I have seen in my life time are usually older folks that have retired, and have nothing better to do with their time or money. Yet more to offer in terms of experience. Kind of tough for someone starting out to be volunteering around. It takes money and or another source of income to eat lunch for instance, driving around to work the site of which you will volunteer, sorry, I disagree with that aspect. Most volunteers are all ready professionals that have something on the table to offer. I saw a team working for ORBIS while in in El Salvador. They did volunteer services for the mission of restoring vision around the world. I can see volunteer pilots that need to gain flying time, experience, but most of them seemed that they were retired from an airlines all ready. Volunteering is nice but I say, leave it up to the older folks, retirees, or the unemployed living at home kind of guy waiting for his parents to keel over so that they can take over the house and parents money, maybe that guy makes a good volunteer aside being a volture.


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)