Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Substitute Teaching?
#4
It all depends on what state you are in.

In NJ I was a substitute teacher and I loved it. The pay stinks but the hours and flexability were great.

In NY it is very difficult to qualify as a substitute and I am still working on it.

I know a little about a lot of other states, so let me know where you are and I can maybe be more helpfil.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Substitute Teaching? - by quasarvs - 02-22-2013, 01:02 PM
Substitute Teaching? - by OE800_85 - 02-22-2013, 02:21 PM
Substitute Teaching? - by quasarvs - 02-22-2013, 03:41 PM
Substitute Teaching? - by Lindagerr - 02-22-2013, 06:36 PM
Substitute Teaching? - by sanantone - 02-22-2013, 08:53 PM
Substitute Teaching? - by OE800_85 - 02-22-2013, 09:11 PM
Substitute Teaching? - by quasarvs - 02-25-2013, 07:00 PM
Substitute Teaching? - by sanantone - 02-26-2013, 09:38 AM
Substitute Teaching? - by Lindagerr - 02-28-2013, 05:18 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CA Teacher Battling Cancer Forced to Pay for Substitute sanantone 4 2,808 05-13-2019, 09:05 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Ever thought about teaching overseas? What i've learned. OE800_85 3 2,993 03-06-2019, 01:14 AM
Last Post: Tedium
  VIPKids (teaching ESL to kids in China via the internet) -- scam or legit? dmjacobsen 10 8,904 06-11-2017, 12:26 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Need a job teaching? creationstory 0 1,386 02-21-2009, 10:35 AM
Last Post: creationstory

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)