Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I'm new and could use some advice and help.
#32
rebel100 Wrote:Remember that the degree will simply read "Bachelor of Science" or "Bachelor of Arts" it's gonna be up to you to spin that on your resume and in interviews. I like that my degree has two concentrations....I can emphasize either concentration. Others will disagree with this...end of the day you need to be comfortable selling yourself and your education to potential employers.

Concentrating in history might be a little cheaper/easier, but only marginally so. I think you could save $1000-1500 just because of the availability of credit by exam and the lower cost of LSU/University of Idaho courses against the cost of BYU.

Okay. I feel a little more comfortable with the idea of a dual concentration now. It actually sounds like something that would work fine for my career as well as be something that I would enjoy. Thank you. I'm not set in stone yet, but I think I am going to try to write up a complete degree plan for myself and go over it. Does the COSC website have any information on dual concentrations that you could point me to? I have tried looking but didn't see anything.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
I'm new and could use some advice and help. - by Attie - 04-17-2013, 11:13 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AOS TESU CS ADVICE Stardeus 1 820 07-28-2026, 08:12 PM
Last Post: truthfulness
  International Student (Chile) seeking advice: South College vs. GGU (UpGrad) for DBA? qwiqwiqwi 9 3,044 01-29-2026, 01:23 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Advice is needed/Immigration EB3 Visa Sterberg3333 7 2,332 01-14-2026, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Stonybeach
  Advice on Educational Programs and Career Options soba 2 3,340 01-12-2025, 12:46 PM
Last Post: soba
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 5,187 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: CollegeStudentAC
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 3,412 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Burnout advice anewmanx 13 6,814 11-18-2023, 08:46 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
Question Seeking advice - should I switch degrees? impasta 15 7,288 06-09-2023, 02:00 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Nutrition & Fitness - degree advice lumina 10 4,548 01-23-2023, 02:08 PM
Last Post: lumina
  Need advice to get either 30 credits and be registered at a school or 60 suzycupcake 20 6,772 06-18-2022, 10:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)