02-01-2014, 11:13 AM
FallingWaters Wrote:For those of you who are considering PLA, or LearningCounts.org, here is an update to my situation I posted about here:
http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...s-org.html
I submitted my second PLA - it contained essays and documentation on Hymn Playing, Contemporary Worship, and others that TESC does not have in their database. Todd Siben, the PLA guy at TESC, said he cannot promise that TESC will accept PLA courses that are not listed in their database. However, TESC accepted all of them without question. It was a LOT of writing- 80+ double-spaced pages- and lots of gathering documentation and performing for the video camera. However, the total cost for 24 UL credits in my major was $629. Can't beat that! It was a good experience and I do recommend Learning Counts. Their website and instructions are unhelpful and confusing, but their customer service has been nothing but helpful (with one exception) and fast.
I now have 105 credits- the end is in sight!
-Courtney
This is quite fantastic! Congratulations on nearing your degree completion!
[COLOR="#0000FF"] B.S. - COSC (December, 2013) :hurray:
20-Community College Courses (2004-2006)
80-Semester Hours at Western Governors University (2010-2012)
15-Charter Oak State College (2013)
12-CLEP
3-DSST
6-FEMA
If I can do it, ANYONE can do it![/COLOR]
20-Community College Courses (2004-2006)
80-Semester Hours at Western Governors University (2010-2012)
15-Charter Oak State College (2013)
12-CLEP
3-DSST
6-FEMA
If I can do it, ANYONE can do it![/COLOR]


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)