02-18-2014, 01:37 PM
Also as far as health codes are concerned Shanghai is the best out of the cities I visit by far. It's probably because there are a lot of tourists and westerners and it's the largest metropolitan city in China. Most of the areas I visit are 2 to 3 hours by car away from Shanghai, rural and industrial areas where there are a lot of factories. I remember at a restaurant at a rest area I saw a server cleaning a wet spot on the floor with a rag and then use that same rag to wipe the tables. I was horrified but everybody else seemed impervious to it. This is one of the reasons I don't stay at a hotel in these areas because I don't want to get food poisoning. I'd rather lose 4 to 6 hours of my day on the road and stay in Shanghai even if it costs more money, peace of mind. But I have to admit I love going overseas and not tipping but it takes a while to get used to not tipping because we're so trained to tip here all the time in the States.
TESC AA
TESC BA June 2010
TESC BA June 2010


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)