Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
World Cup
#9
Prloko Wrote:Living in Europe for the last 4 years, you can imagine how huge it is here. I don't watch football/soccer religiously, but I really love the intensity of the World Cup games. The matches are great and it's unfortunate that us Americans have a cultural bias against the sport.

I think it's more about Americans being used to games where scoring is a regular occurrence. I know that I don't like hockey or soccer because there is a lot of back and forth without much being accomplished. I liked playing soccer for fun, but I just can't watch it without wanting to fall asleep. No offense to soccer fans. That's just how I and many other Americans feel. Baseball has also been struggling. That's another sport I can't watch.
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Reply


Messages In This Thread
World Cup - by Leebo - 06-21-2014, 07:00 PM
World Cup - by sanantone - 06-21-2014, 10:21 PM
World Cup - by bluebooger - 06-21-2014, 10:28 PM
World Cup - by Leebo - 06-22-2014, 06:30 AM
World Cup - by scorched - 06-22-2014, 02:06 PM
World Cup - by Leebo - 06-22-2014, 02:19 PM
World Cup - by Prloko - 06-22-2014, 03:09 PM
World Cup - by Leebo - 06-22-2014, 05:50 PM
World Cup - by sanantone - 06-22-2014, 06:24 PM
World Cup - by Leebo - 06-22-2014, 06:58 PM
World Cup - by Kintsukuroi - 06-22-2014, 09:09 PM
World Cup - by Leebo - 06-24-2014, 12:08 PM
World Cup - by Leebo - 06-24-2014, 01:26 PM
World Cup - by bluebooger - 06-24-2014, 02:08 PM
World Cup - by Leebo - 06-24-2014, 02:14 PM
World Cup - by bluebooger - 06-24-2014, 03:37 PM
World Cup - by Leebo - 06-26-2014, 10:21 AM
World Cup - by Leebo - 06-26-2014, 01:01 PM
World Cup - by bluebooger - 06-26-2014, 02:31 PM
World Cup - by Leebo - 06-26-2014, 02:48 PM
World Cup - by Bibby - 06-28-2014, 09:11 AM
World Cup - by Leebo - 07-01-2014, 10:10 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  China quietly saved the world last month LevelUP 6 1,176 08-26-2026, 09:07 AM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  They did it again. Argentina has to be the luckiest team ever in the World Cup. LevelUP 12 2,362 07-19-2026, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  How to Stay Sane in a World That's Losing It's Mind LevelUP 3 1,843 07-17-2026, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Maltus
  Spain v France - First World Cup Semifinal Charles Fout 5 892 07-15-2026, 07:41 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Infantino opens door to 64-team World Cup in 2030 LevelUP 0 913 07-12-2026, 03:57 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Elon Musk becomes world’s first trillionaire as SpaceX begins trading on the Nasdaq LevelUP 23 3,183 06-18-2026, 08:50 AM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
Video Does El Salvador have the best prison in the world? Exclusive access. LevelUP 2 1,791 03-03-2025, 06:19 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Maps That Show How The World Really Is LevelUP 0 1,593 02-03-2024, 03:30 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  How the World’s Most Dangerous Country Solved Murder LevelUP 8 3,730 09-26-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Discovering Healthcare Options in the Developing World Kal Di 0 1,598 06-17-2022, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Kal Di

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)