07-18-2014, 06:28 PM
Hi,
I just graduated from homeschool this past June. My parents never started homeschooling me till I was in 4th grade. For me it has been a tremendous blessing and I would never go back to school. That is one of the reasons I decided to get my BA by testing; I didn't want to deal with the whole school atmosphere again.
The stats about 75% of homeschoolers being evangelical Christians are pretty accurate. The primary reason people homeschool is religious- to be able to teach their children what they want- not what Washington thinks they should learn. Deuteronomy 6:6 states that parents should teach their children about the Lord all the time during all parts of the day, not just after school hours.
And as to the whole diversity of thought issue, public schools are teaching children one philosophy: humanism. They teach theories as if they're scientific law. There is no room for other philosophies in the modern education system.
Finally I am very glad my parents took the time and effort and spent the blood, sweat and tears to homeschool me and if the Lord blesses me with children I will definitely homeschool them.
I just graduated from homeschool this past June. My parents never started homeschooling me till I was in 4th grade. For me it has been a tremendous blessing and I would never go back to school. That is one of the reasons I decided to get my BA by testing; I didn't want to deal with the whole school atmosphere again.
The stats about 75% of homeschoolers being evangelical Christians are pretty accurate. The primary reason people homeschool is religious- to be able to teach their children what they want- not what Washington thinks they should learn. Deuteronomy 6:6 states that parents should teach their children about the Lord all the time during all parts of the day, not just after school hours.
And as to the whole diversity of thought issue, public schools are teaching children one philosophy: humanism. They teach theories as if they're scientific law. There is no room for other philosophies in the modern education system.
Finally I am very glad my parents took the time and effort and spent the blood, sweat and tears to homeschool me and if the Lord blesses me with children I will definitely homeschool them.


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)