Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Human Growth and Development
#1
Hello everyone.

I took my Human Growth and Development CLEP yesterday and scored a 64. So, I'll give you all some feedback; in case you are interested in this CLEP.

But first, a little background:

I have been taking one CLEP a week for the past 3 weeks. I took Intro to Sociology, Intro to Psychology, and yesterday I took Human Growth and Development. This week I had car problems and I had to work on my car, so I only studied the night before and the morning of the exam... about 5 hours.

Intro to Psychology was ESPECIALLY helpful toward helping me with HG&D; more so than Sociology. There was a lot of overlap.

I am not allowed to tell you what is on the test, but a college level HG&D class would expect you to know about:
Erikson's 8 stages (be able to recognize an incorrect stage,
Kohlberg's stages of moral development (Level I, II, and III),
Maslow's heirarchy of needs,
Paiget's 4 stages of cognitive development (do not take this one lightly, it's really important to understand)
If you come across a man whose name starts with a B... (Is it Bromley??? I can't remember) Know what theories he came up with. (I'm not thinking of Bandura).
Who has a theory on infant-mother attachment?... and what role does post-natal bonding have on the baby's future?
Know the different styles of parenting (Authoritarian, Authoritative, etc...),
What is a zygote, embryo, fetus, etc?
What are the chances of passing down a trait if one parent carries a gene for it?... or if both carry it? (understand the percentages).
What part of the brain is the least developed at birth?
What's a holophrase?..syntax, semantics, phoneme... (language terminology)
What does a STAT test measure?

Anyway, these vague topics should be helpful if you are taking a Final Exam in your HG&D class... (or wherever)Wink

Good luck.
[SIZE="4"]auminer49r[/SIZE]

Completed a B.S. in General Business
at Excelsior College (3.86 GPA)

Left to take:

NOTHING!!!

... But, I'm still sticking around...Smile
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Human Growth and Development - by auminer49r - 08-23-2007, 12:24 PM
Human Growth and Development - by yumeji - 08-23-2007, 01:27 PM
Human Growth and Development - by yutzyj - 08-23-2007, 05:17 PM
Human Growth and Development - by ShotoJuku - 08-23-2007, 05:18 PM
Human Growth and Development - by sgloer - 08-23-2007, 06:23 PM
Human Growth and Development - by imgoingtopass - 07-27-2013, 10:21 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Bachelor’s Degree: A Human Operating System LevelUP 3 1,639 07-23-2026, 07:58 AM
Last Post: soba
  Indian Institute of Skills Development Training flan_eur 0 2,959 03-02-2026, 04:41 AM
Last Post: flan_eur
  Universitat Oberta de Catalunya - Bachelor's degree in Software Development nyvrem 5 7,735 05-16-2023, 05:46 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Having a growth mindset vs fixed mindset LevelUP 0 2,080 04-11-2023, 04:35 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Excelsior Professional Development Courses (Non-Credit) BBryant165 5 3,956 08-29-2022, 11:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Suggestions for Certifications to use up Personal Development Funds mohelena02 12 4,543 06-05-2022, 10:21 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Grand Canyon Education sees revenue growth bjcheung77 1 1,638 03-02-2022, 10:36 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  DSST - Health and Human Development Silly_Me 6 5,785 04-30-2021, 08:58 AM
Last Post: ctcarl
  Human Services vs Psych natshar 7 5,836 03-22-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AMU BS in Computer Technology, web development armstrongsubero 3 2,993 02-06-2020, 03:16 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)