11-09-2015, 09:44 PM
welcome to the forum ecicentral! I'm not an expert at degree planning- so I'll back out of that, but I did want to give you some tips that will work through any of the plans.
1- consider spending a good deal of time reading the archived posts. Not to discourage you from asking questions, but because most people have questions like yours and you'll cover a ton of ground in a short amount of time just reading.
2- don't do anything until you fully understand how to do your own degree plan. Missteps cost time and money, and really are unnecessary! Everyone here (including you) are just volunteer contributors- no one is paid to lay out a bullet proof plan, but most of the members that have been here after they earned their degree are doing it to give back. That said, the process is worth learning, and it's not hard- if you've been successful in business, you absolutely have the brains to figure out one little degree plan.
3- the majority of people do all their testing up front. The testing is self paced, self-study, and self directed. If you're going to putz out, it happens early before you've invested too much time or money (tests cost under $100) If you enroll, or heaven forbid take out a student loan, before you've gained any traction you're headed for trouble. My speed was considered pretty slow by most people's standards- but I did all my AA degree tests in 6 months and then did the rest of my BA degree in 12 months. I did that because I wanted to take classes and use my Pell Grant. So, from 0-120 in 18 months. Motivated people with deeper pockets can go much faster. All in,my degree was just under $10k
1- consider spending a good deal of time reading the archived posts. Not to discourage you from asking questions, but because most people have questions like yours and you'll cover a ton of ground in a short amount of time just reading.
2- don't do anything until you fully understand how to do your own degree plan. Missteps cost time and money, and really are unnecessary! Everyone here (including you) are just volunteer contributors- no one is paid to lay out a bullet proof plan, but most of the members that have been here after they earned their degree are doing it to give back. That said, the process is worth learning, and it's not hard- if you've been successful in business, you absolutely have the brains to figure out one little degree plan.

3- the majority of people do all their testing up front. The testing is self paced, self-study, and self directed. If you're going to putz out, it happens early before you've invested too much time or money (tests cost under $100) If you enroll, or heaven forbid take out a student loan, before you've gained any traction you're headed for trouble. My speed was considered pretty slow by most people's standards- but I did all my AA degree tests in 6 months and then did the rest of my BA degree in 12 months. I did that because I wanted to take classes and use my Pell Grant. So, from 0-120 in 18 months. Motivated people with deeper pockets can go much faster. All in,my degree was just under $10k

![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)