Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Need Help with Degree Completion Strategy
#2
mr.wonderful Wrote:Hi! This is my first post after finding these forums from a popular blog that highly recommended the site.

I need help with coming up with a strategy for completing my undergrad. I'm 32 and I have built a successful career as a sr. software engineer and executive.

However, I'm also a real estate developer (licensed agent and soon-to-be broker) and I'd like to finish my degree so that I can get a grad degree in real estate / entrepreneurial studies . This will better position me when raising capital from high-net-worth investors I work with.

I'd like to get an ABET-accredited B.S. in computer science, but I would also be OK with a more generalized business degree or similar alternative just so that I can finish my undergrad sooner and get a more prestigious grad degree. But that all depends on what you guys think, the course work I've already taken and cost/time.

If I post the course work I've completed, can you guys help me decide on which degree I should go after (computer science vs business/mgmt. vs something else) and how to go about doing it in a way that saves me time/money?


Yes, we're here to help. I think most people will recommend TESU BSBA.
Online Degrees and Certificates | Thomas Edison State University
There are multiple tracks and its up to you to decide the concentration.
The only difference is the Area of Study for the TESU BSBA degrees.

There's been a bunch of people posting on both sister forums lately...
Anyways, do post your completed courses, in a spreadsheet if possible.
We can take a look and see what can be done, please list where you took the courses.
Note: I recommend the BSBA General Management, or the CIS
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3RTJ3I9
UPI Study https://www.upistudy.com/?ref=f6bc41

Pre-Med Online, MSc Biomedical Sciences (Starting Jan 2026)
In Progress: UoPeople BS Health Science

Completed: UMPI BAS & MAOL (2025)
TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Need Help with Degree Completion Strategy - by bjcheung77 - 04-25-2016, 01:05 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Todd Wallack WP: For less than $100, I clicked my way toward a college degree in days LevelUP 32 4,797 09-28-2026, 04:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  A Free Accredited Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science – How Do We Get There? MNomadic 21 12,370 09-26-2026, 01:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 54 72,654 09-25-2026, 10:47 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Online bachelor's degree for students fluent in Japanese archsvt 2 2,313 08-03-2026, 09:15 PM
Last Post: ueacquire
  WaPo Article Questions Rapid Degree Completion ('Degree Hacking’) swlearner71 59 12,665 07-24-2026, 09:27 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  The Bachelor’s Degree: A Human Operating System LevelUP 3 1,629 07-23-2026, 07:58 AM
Last Post: soba
  Judge Tosses ED’s ‘Professional’ Degree Definition TINASAM 2 1,032 06-26-2026, 10:56 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  UoPeople degree paused in Minnesota TINASAM 11 2,396 06-12-2026, 03:04 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Degree walls wow 6 1,225 06-02-2026, 07:08 AM
Last Post: wow
  Degree via Validation of Acquired Experience (VAE) wheatenbread 2 1,895 04-20-2026, 01:15 PM
Last Post: PearsonOTHMQualifi7654

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)