Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Mathematics degree
#10
Varby Wrote:Hello All,

I have a question that seems to be answered a bunch of times, but I am pretty new to this and feel a bit lost.

First off about me:
I live in NY
I graduated High School
I was hired as a Junior computer programmer right out of high school (12 years ago).
I am now a Director, and have 12 years of computer programming experience, at the same company.
I am looking to turn my focus into earning a degree in Mathematics, not for any particular reason, I just want to start building a portfolio of degrees.
I am extremely proficient in teaching/learning myself.
As long as the school is recognized I do not care where my degrees are from.

So with all that said, I figured this approach would make the most sense.

But in all honesty, I am completely unsure where to start. I have reviewed the CLEP exams (and quite honestly, just for learning reasons I want to take them all) but I focused on the Science & Mathematics and I already have a pretty good grasp.

I guess all these acronyms are throwing me off and I am not sure where to compile a list of all the test-out tests I can/need to take, and what else I would need to do.

If someone can maybe provide some insight, or guidance I would be appreciate it greatly.

When you mentioned degrees, are these Associates degrees or Bachelors degrees for your areas of study?
I was thinking along the lines of doing a ASBA/BSBA with a General Management concentration or (CIS & Marketing).
I finally decided to just go for the BSBA General Management instead. I may add an ASNSM Comp Sci or Math.
If an Associates is all you need, that ASNSM maybe just your ticket as well, you can always ladder that to a BA/BS.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3RTJ3I9
UPI Study https://www.upistudy.com/?ref=f6bc41

Pre-Med Online, MSc Biomedical Sciences (Starting Jan 2026)
In Progress: UoPeople BS Health Science

Completed: UMPI BAS & MAOL (2025)
TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Mathematics degree - by Varby - 05-03-2016, 01:06 PM
Mathematics degree - by TrailRunr - 05-03-2016, 01:18 PM
Mathematics degree - by adavis84 - 05-03-2016, 02:38 PM
Mathematics degree - by bluebooger - 05-03-2016, 03:30 PM
Mathematics degree - by Varby - 05-03-2016, 03:55 PM
Mathematics degree - by TrailRunr - 05-03-2016, 04:56 PM
Mathematics degree - by dfrecore - 05-03-2016, 05:36 PM
Mathematics degree - by TrailRunr - 05-03-2016, 10:12 PM
Mathematics degree - by adavis84 - 05-04-2016, 01:36 PM
Mathematics degree - by bjcheung77 - 05-04-2016, 03:00 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Todd Wallack WP: For less than $100, I clicked my way toward a college degree in days LevelUP 32 4,371 09-28-2026, 04:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  A Free Accredited Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science – How Do We Get There? MNomadic 21 12,107 09-26-2026, 01:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 54 72,012 09-25-2026, 10:47 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Online bachelor's degree for students fluent in Japanese archsvt 2 2,205 08-03-2026, 09:15 PM
Last Post: ueacquire
  WaPo Article Questions Rapid Degree Completion ('Degree Hacking’) swlearner71 59 12,157 07-24-2026, 09:27 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  The Bachelor’s Degree: A Human Operating System LevelUP 3 1,467 07-23-2026, 07:58 AM
Last Post: soba
  Judge Tosses ED’s ‘Professional’ Degree Definition TINASAM 2 980 06-26-2026, 10:56 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  UoPeople degree paused in Minnesota TINASAM 11 2,244 06-12-2026, 03:04 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Degree walls wow 6 1,139 06-02-2026, 07:08 AM
Last Post: wow
  Degree via Validation of Acquired Experience (VAE) wheatenbread 2 1,821 04-20-2026, 01:15 PM
Last Post: PearsonOTHMQualifi7654

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)