Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Degree and career advice
#5
gicts Wrote:Good point!



What a small world. I worked for RM for 3 years. All the while I was listening to entrepreneurial podcasts like Tim's and many he influenced. The thought of passive income is what lead me to permaculture and sustainable systems to begin with Wink I left RM to start a small leather company. It felt amazing jumping into the unknown, but I was a bit too wet behind the ears.

I'm starting to plan for a family and when I look around there's no way I can provide the same quality of life for my kids that I had as a youngster. I'm definitely motivated to invest in myself, and that's why I'm drawn to this site. Half of my issues with college previously was the blatant waste of my time and money.

Drawing back on my childhood, my dad and I would go on bona fide archaeology digs for fun. I've been kicking around getting a masters in anthropology/archaeology for that very reason. It'd be a good mix of hands on and critical thinking along with a changing environment.
I don't know whats right for you. I might suggest that when faced with your decision, I opted for the cheapest bona-fide MBA I could find...this meant the hospital couldn't discard me with the "doesn't meet minimal qualifications" brush off. I used their money to get the darn thing, learned very little, but put the initials behind my name...then went out to find a promotion, it worked. I sometimes think about completing a history or writing MA just for fun and to maybe one day teach, but the dream isn't strong enough to make me move towards it. I'm a lot better off now..,for whatever that is worth to you. I keep my paramedic and Critical Care from UMUC up as my just in case fall back plan. (actually need to get my CEU hours done before the end of the year).
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Degree and career advice - by gicts - 09-21-2016, 11:43 AM
Degree and career advice - by davewill - 09-21-2016, 11:56 AM
Degree and career advice - by rebel100 - 09-21-2016, 12:37 PM
Degree and career advice - by gicts - 09-21-2016, 01:58 PM
Degree and career advice - by rebel100 - 09-21-2016, 02:10 PM
Degree and career advice - by cookderosa - 09-21-2016, 06:32 PM
Degree and career advice - by Leedeedee - 09-22-2016, 06:38 AM
Degree and career advice - by Yanji - 09-22-2016, 09:13 AM
Degree and career advice - by Lindagerr - 09-22-2016, 10:03 AM
Degree and career advice - by sanantone - 09-22-2016, 11:48 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Todd Wallack WP: For less than $100, I clicked my way toward a college degree in days LevelUP 29 4,023 5 hours ago
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  A Free Accredited Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science – How Do We Get There? MNomadic 21 12,020 09-26-2026, 01:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 54 71,935 09-25-2026, 10:47 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Online bachelor's degree for students fluent in Japanese archsvt 2 2,192 08-03-2026, 09:15 PM
Last Post: ueacquire
  AOS TESU CS ADVICE Stardeus 1 721 07-28-2026, 08:12 PM
Last Post: truthfulness
  WaPo Article Questions Rapid Degree Completion ('Degree Hacking’) swlearner71 59 12,106 07-24-2026, 09:27 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  The Bachelor’s Degree: A Human Operating System LevelUP 3 1,451 07-23-2026, 07:58 AM
Last Post: soba
  The Fun They Had: Why Talking To People Is Becoming A Career Skill LevelUP 1 696 07-06-2026, 11:41 AM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Judge Tosses ED’s ‘Professional’ Degree Definition TINASAM 2 974 06-26-2026, 10:56 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  UoPeople degree paused in Minnesota TINASAM 11 2,210 06-12-2026, 03:04 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)