Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Do professors actually care?
#1
This semester I decided to take an online course, as I would be spending most of my time working on my thesis in another class on campus. In this online class the professor was rarely active. However, some road blocks were projected as for some course work directions were limited. Yet, the professor would only show up in the course every 2 or 3 weeks. Yet, during the whole entire time, no work that was submitted was graded (discussion boards, essays, midterms, finals ect). However, a couple weeks back I emailed the professor stating to him how I uploaded the wrong paper as an attachment for an assignment, and if he could clear it out so I could re-upload, never received a response.

Grades for the course were due this Tuesday by 5 pm, so something tells me to log into the grade book, and I noticed he's finally doing grades an hour before they are due. Once I noticed he was signed into the course I emailed him again, as I did weeks prior about re-submitting a paper that was uploaded by error. Within 10 seconds, and a couple refreshes in the browser I had a grade for 20 assignments in the course; even the paper that had nothing to do with one of the assignments, which I continued to email him about had a grade lol.

But not only that... He was rushing to turn in grades that he failed to grade 3 assignments that I turned in.

Refreshing my browser, and just watching this professor throw grades out; has really made me think different about the whole process of education.

Do any of you feel that professors actually care about the work you turn in, or are we as students just turning in work for the sake of it?
Grad cert., Applied Behavior Analysis, Ball State University
M.S., in Applied Psychology, Lynn Univeristy
B.S., in Psychology, Excelsior College
A.A., Florida State College at Jacksonville
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Do professors actually care? - by Exfactor - 12-28-2016, 10:06 PM
Do professors actually care? - by davewill - 12-28-2016, 10:26 PM
Do professors actually care? - by mednat - 12-28-2016, 10:53 PM
Do professors actually care? - by TrailRunr - 12-28-2016, 11:21 PM
Do professors actually care? - by videogamesrock - 12-28-2016, 11:37 PM
Do professors actually care? - by ladylearner - 12-29-2016, 09:51 AM
Do professors actually care? - by TrailRunr - 12-29-2016, 12:07 PM
Do professors actually care? - by TrailRunr - 12-29-2016, 01:23 PM
Do professors actually care? - by dfrecore - 12-30-2016, 12:40 AM
Do professors actually care? - by cardiacclep - 01-19-2017, 07:30 PM
Do professors actually care? - by cookderosa - 12-29-2016, 01:34 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fastest & Cheapest Way to Complete ALM in Management – Health Care (Harvard Extension Lyd 15 14,095 06-10-2025, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Health Care - Masters from Spain! bjcheung77 13 7,946 01-22-2023, 01:10 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Higher Ed Professors?? futuremrsmlb 3 2,333 05-06-2016, 11:38 AM
Last Post: cookderosa

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)