Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Online accounting classes - can you help?
#9
Synicaal Wrote:Oakton is an excellent source to do your Intermediate Accounting I and Intermediate Accounting II courses at. These will probably be the biggest two courses in comparison to the CPA exam. I highly recommend Michelle Wray at Oakton for Intermediate Accounting I and II, she plans her classes around the CPA exam so you are getting two for one with her. Of course this means her class is on the hard side but well worth the work. As far as the Upper Level courses I would simply recommend looking at one of your State schools they are usually on the cheaper side of other places.


Thanks so much, Synicaal! A pity, I just took Intermediate I and II at my local CC, I would have been much better off at Oakton because my experience was not extremely positive, to put it mildly. I see that Oakton has an excellent program - I don't know if it pays to take them for any other accounting classes because they are lower level, anyway.

I'll look into state colleges, but I don't think they're too cheap. I'm in NJ, there's a lot of private colleges (expensive), and I don't think I would get into Rutger's at this point. But I'll look into them - you never know!
Goal: BSBA in Accounting through TESU, 150 credits, Credits so far: 137/150
Received: A.S. in Business Administration, Aug. 2016

Tests taken so far:
Cleps: Psychology (73), College Composition Modular (65), Social Science and History (67), Humanities (59), Marketing (72), Analyzing and Interpreting  Literature (77)
TECEP: Strategic Management Capstone (72)
Aleks: Statistics (71!)
Davar: International Management (82), Intro to Computing (80), American Government (79), Managerial Communications (70)
Study.com: Personal Finance (92), Human Growth and Development (84), Social Psychology (88) Human Resources Management (86)
The Institutes: (76)
Online Accounting Classes: Columbia College: Advanced Accounting, Tax II, TESU: Audit

Up ahead:
Study.com:  Costing, ?
Saylor: Intro to political Science?, Management Info. Systems?
TEEX
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Online accounting classes - can you help? - by sarg123 - 04-14-2017, 11:17 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UNED Spanish online university Avidreader 10 6,294 7 hours ago
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 54 72,716 09-25-2026, 10:47 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Online bachelor's degree for students fluent in Japanese archsvt 2 2,318 08-03-2026, 09:15 PM
Last Post: ueacquire
  Did COVID-19 lead to a sustained surge in online enrollment? Probably not. sanantone 9 2,211 04-29-2026, 02:19 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Looking for online, self-paced computer science core courses that offer RA credits mylo 5 1,810 04-22-2026, 05:41 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Newsweek’s list of America’s Top Online Colleges for 2026 LevelUP 7 6,339 04-11-2026, 01:50 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Lawmakers tried to kill CA’s online community college. Now it’s growing rapidly LevelUP 0 1,055 04-09-2026, 03:52 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Looking for a school for science classes like Chem Heath 4 2,127 01-25-2026, 08:36 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
  Master List of Online Platforms with College Courses/Degrees SophiaPrincess 15 14,775 01-12-2026, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Kabir
  Easiest online degree tsimmns927 6 2,489 12-31-2025, 04:58 PM
Last Post: tsimmns927

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)