Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
TESU UL Psych courses
#10
dfrecore Wrote:TESU does not say that these courses HAVE to be UL, they are just offered as UL courses at TESU.

You can take them at your CC and be fine, you just need to make sure that you have 15cr of UL (+ capstone) in the major. I would plan out which courses you're going to take at your CC, and which ones you're going to take via testing, to make sure that you get the 15cr of UL you need ahead of time.

Also, Org Theory is not listed as an elective at TESU, you would probably want to get it pre approved before you take it.

Also, since you don't want to take a bunch of science courses ahead of time, take Computers instead. They will count in the Understanding the Physical & Natural World, without getting you into trouble. (Nutrition will already go there, so you need 1 more). I suggest Intro to Computers via DSST or Study.com. If you have time, I would also do Intermediate Algebra at ALEKS if you don't already have that.

Thanks! Sometimes you need another "voice" to guide you during this madness. I didnt bite off more than I can chew, however I did bite off quite a bit and will likely be taking just 6 credits in the fall to complete my degree (SOS-450 since its offered nowhere else but super expensive TESU and of course the dreaded CAPSTONE). It appears other than the need for Financial Aid, that completing a degree in say 5 months is relatively easy via all the tools available, but because I dont want to apply and pay TESU (money) I am holding off until June 30th. By which time I should have 90 or so credits ready to transfer with another 24 coming in July to early august. Then once those 114 credits are good to go, I can apply to Pitt's Post Bacc program starting in the spring.

You take 1 - 1.5 years completing the postbacc and apply in the middle spring for Entry into Pitt SOM Fall of 2019, Graduating June 2023, then 3 years IM residency (Board Certified in IM), 2 Years Fellowship in Nephrology and if all goes according to plan graduate fellowship in 2028 as a Board Certified Nephrologist. Just before I turn 50.......... So this is a 12 year plan... I am just on the leading edges of this journey. But I think I can prove I am capable of drinking from the fire hose if I complete 114 credits in just 4 months. Which helps prove I am academically capable for the Med School Entry.

Essentially TLDR:
Trying to graduate Med School 6 years from now so I can practice Nephrology 5 years after that for 20 years
Working towards BA Psychology from TESU
Started 3/22/2017 with Aleks and the Institute
Started 4/4/2017 with Straighterline
72/120 credits so far.

Straighterline: 4/4/2017
REL-277 Introduction to Religion
ANT-101 Introduction to Anthropology
POS-110 American Government
HIS-101 Western Civilization I
HIS-102 Western Civilization II
HIS-113 American History I
HIS-114 American History II
SOC-101 Introduction to Sociology
BIO-208 Nutrition
PSY-101 Introduction to Psychology
STA-201 Statistics
HEA-203 Medical Terminology
COM-101 Introduction to Communications
BUS-301 Principles of Management
Study.com
Personal Finance
Lifespan Development
ALEKS 3/22/2017
MAT-121 College Algebra
The Institute 3/22/2017
PHI-384 Ethics -2
TEEX
Cyber 101 -2
Cyber 201 -2
PREVIOUS EDUCATION
St. Leo University 2004
College Comp I
Integrated Physical Science
Algebra and Functions
Cuyamaca College
Spanish I - 5
The Internet - 1
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ancapman's post:
  • nashpond


Messages In This Thread
TESU UL Psych courses - by Ancapman - 04-24-2017, 08:25 AM
TESU UL Psych courses - by Ideas - 04-24-2017, 10:24 AM
TESU UL Psych courses - by l8989v - 04-24-2017, 11:00 AM
TESU UL Psych courses - by Ideas - 04-24-2017, 11:18 AM
TESU UL Psych courses - by bjcheung77 - 04-24-2017, 11:33 AM
TESU UL Psych courses - by dfrecore - 04-24-2017, 11:58 AM
TESU UL Psych courses - by bricabrac - 04-24-2017, 11:58 AM
TESU UL Psych courses - by Ancapman - 04-24-2017, 12:19 PM
TESU UL Psych courses - by dfrecore - 04-24-2017, 12:31 PM
TESU UL Psych courses - by Ancapman - 04-24-2017, 12:48 PM
TESU UL Psych courses - by swalke321 - 04-24-2017, 04:47 PM
TESU UL Psych courses - by lovewins - 07-08-2017, 07:06 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 9,499 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 8,960 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 16,100 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 8,987 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 6,836 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 5,943 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 6,052 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 6,006 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 8,659 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 6,308 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)