I have been analyzing the costs.
I should be getting some free courses through Modern States, thankfully, although it's difficult for me to get to the test center, and if money weren't tight, I would just do Straighterline courses instead.
By my calculations, not including the small amounts I've already spent, I need:
- $2132 for graduation and residency waiver by end of Sept
- $990 for exams. This is for SL, CSU-Global (one exam is $250), and many Saylors.
- Unsure about Biology Lab costs. Could be $350+.
- $20 for ACE transcript, and unknown small amount for CSU-Global transcript
- More if I need to retake an exam/course. Some Saylor CIS exams will probably have incorrect answers and be difficult.
- In addition, I have to pay around $240 in proctor fees upfront then get reimbursed by Modern States which shouldn't take long, but could be tight for me if I put them off.
I know this is cheap, and I am already getting the benefit of Modern States, but I sure wish there was some other way to reduce costs (besides like $34 if I take one less Straighterline course). This is $3150-3600+ needing to be paid in under 5 months, or $650-700+ a month!
$990 is so cheap considering how many credits and that many are CIS. The one CIS exam is $99 at Straighterline and the CSU-Global CIS exam is $250. So of course I could do GM and drop CIS to save money, but I need to decide within about a month, before I start taking the CIS exams. I really hate to drop the CIS or drop the ASNSM Biology. It seems like GM would only save me around $300, and dropping Biology may save even less.
Hopefully, if I can't come up with the money, I can simply delay graduation by 3 months, because the second BA is probably not allowed under the same residency waiver anyway. However, I was trying to finish by a certain date for personal reasons and also so I can begin earning more money faster.
Now that I see how much is needed, I hope I can earn extra money while also completing the many exams.
Edit: This is not cost related, but TESU never gives more than 6 credits for an AP exam.
Edit: With more SL coupons, maybe only $921-930 instead of $990. I had already included $50 in SL coupons.
I should be getting some free courses through Modern States, thankfully, although it's difficult for me to get to the test center, and if money weren't tight, I would just do Straighterline courses instead.
By my calculations, not including the small amounts I've already spent, I need:
- $2132 for graduation and residency waiver by end of Sept
- $990 for exams. This is for SL, CSU-Global (one exam is $250), and many Saylors.
- Unsure about Biology Lab costs. Could be $350+.
- $20 for ACE transcript, and unknown small amount for CSU-Global transcript
- More if I need to retake an exam/course. Some Saylor CIS exams will probably have incorrect answers and be difficult.
- In addition, I have to pay around $240 in proctor fees upfront then get reimbursed by Modern States which shouldn't take long, but could be tight for me if I put them off.
I know this is cheap, and I am already getting the benefit of Modern States, but I sure wish there was some other way to reduce costs (besides like $34 if I take one less Straighterline course). This is $3150-3600+ needing to be paid in under 5 months, or $650-700+ a month!
$990 is so cheap considering how many credits and that many are CIS. The one CIS exam is $99 at Straighterline and the CSU-Global CIS exam is $250. So of course I could do GM and drop CIS to save money, but I need to decide within about a month, before I start taking the CIS exams. I really hate to drop the CIS or drop the ASNSM Biology. It seems like GM would only save me around $300, and dropping Biology may save even less.
Hopefully, if I can't come up with the money, I can simply delay graduation by 3 months, because the second BA is probably not allowed under the same residency waiver anyway. However, I was trying to finish by a certain date for personal reasons and also so I can begin earning more money faster.
Now that I see how much is needed, I hope I can earn extra money while also completing the many exams.
Edit: This is not cost related, but TESU never gives more than 6 credits for an AP exam.
Edit: With more SL coupons, maybe only $921-930 instead of $990. I had already included $50 in SL coupons.


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)