Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Associates degree and unrelated Bachelor's? (and Grad school enrollment)
#12
SolarKat Wrote:If the COSC BA will only take 3 months, why not just go for it now?

I'm saying 3 months after the BSBA. Because of some additional Gen Eds I haven't done yet. Maybe 5 months if I tried to do it before the BSBA.

The reasons why do the BSBA first are: 1) I'm wanting to stay enrolled a TESU because I want to not have a Business capstone. 2) Out of the two Bachelor's, the business one is more important to me. So I'd like that to be first just in case I run into financial problems and need to take months off between the degrees.

However, yes the original plan was to do the Psych degree first, so that I have "any" Bachelor's as fast as possible. I started a couple threads trying to find out if that's allowed, because I'm open to it. But, I actually think the Psych degree is slower than the BSBA, because of the capstone (and cornerstone).

The other thing is I've decided to slow down my first Bachelor's plans by 3 months anyway. Because of finances and time.

SolarKat Wrote:I'd also look at your return on investment for the masters. It's a lot of money if you're going to be part-timing it with jobs across a number of fields after you're done. You might consider what you hope to gain - how does it make you competitive? Perhaps a business/leadership/other masters might make you more marketable...but first, have you really explored the market you wish to enter?

It's only $4800 or $7200 at Capella if I work really fast, but I get what you're saying. (That's why $3500+ for the COSC Bachelor's seems like so much!)

I agree that I need to have some more definitive plans.

I haven't seen any certifications that seemed worth the money/time and seemed relevant, but I'll really keep them in mind. Actually, that might be ideal for me, if I could find a good enough certification in a Psych-type field.

I am interested in the MBA programs (and they are cheaper than Psych), but felt that my ideal would be MA Psych + BSBA (instead of MBA + BA Psych). I mean, because of the money. (If money was not an issue it would be MBA + MA Psych and I don't care what the Bachelor's is in. Eventually, someday, I think I would achieve this, no matter the path I choose now.)

Reply


Messages In This Thread
Associates degree and unrelated Bachelor's? (and Grad school enrollment) - by Ideas - 05-13-2017, 02:52 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Todd Wallack WP: For less than $100, I clicked my way toward a college degree in days LevelUP 32 4,851 09-28-2026, 04:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  A Free Accredited Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science – How Do We Get There? MNomadic 21 12,400 09-26-2026, 01:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 54 72,950 09-25-2026, 10:47 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  The Rise Of The Vibe School In College Admissions LevelUP 7 1,480 08-05-2026, 04:33 PM
Last Post: lickington
  Online bachelor's degree for students fluent in Japanese archsvt 2 2,328 08-03-2026, 09:15 PM
Last Post: ueacquire
  WaPo Article Questions Rapid Degree Completion ('Degree Hacking’) swlearner71 59 12,702 07-24-2026, 09:27 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  The Bachelor’s Degree: A Human Operating System LevelUP 3 1,646 07-23-2026, 07:58 AM
Last Post: soba
  Judge Tosses ED’s ‘Professional’ Degree Definition TINASAM 2 1,033 06-26-2026, 10:56 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  UoPeople degree paused in Minnesota TINASAM 11 2,406 06-12-2026, 03:04 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Degree walls wow 6 1,232 06-02-2026, 07:08 AM
Last Post: wow

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)