Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
"Smart" Degree Options for Middle-Aged Non-Manager Type :)
#9
dfrecore and bjcheung77 - you're both right!

I turned down a potential Comp Analyst opportunity recently because I didn't feel I had the experience for it (yes, I can really be that obtuse sometimes), and that was a huge mistake. My ideal position in HR would be in more of a data/analytics role, and less of a people role. And you're right - a Psych degree isn't going to cut it for that.

But...bjcheung77 essentially confirms my thinking that taking two steps back to finish a BSBA when I'm this far down the road toward the Psych degree would likely end up taking roughly the same amount of time as staying on my current path, and moving on to an MBA program that can be completed in a reasonable amount of time.

You all are helping me stretch my brain in ways that it wouldn't have otherwise. I appreciate it! Smile
Bachelor of Arts: Psychology - TESU (pending conferral)
120/120 units complete

SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources)
Anticipated Completion Date: 3/31/2019

Master of Human Resource Management - CSU Global
Start Date: 7/1/2019
Reply


Messages In This Thread
"Smart" Degree Options for Middle-Aged Non-Manager Type :) - by Nodaclu - 05-20-2017, 06:54 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Todd Wallack WP: For less than $100, I clicked my way toward a college degree in days LevelUP 32 4,349 09-28-2026, 04:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  A Free Accredited Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science – How Do We Get There? MNomadic 21 12,087 09-26-2026, 01:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 54 72,000 09-25-2026, 10:47 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Online bachelor's degree for students fluent in Japanese archsvt 2 2,204 08-03-2026, 09:15 PM
Last Post: ueacquire
  WaPo Article Questions Rapid Degree Completion ('Degree Hacking’) swlearner71 59 12,151 07-24-2026, 09:27 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  The Bachelor’s Degree: A Human Operating System LevelUP 3 1,467 07-23-2026, 07:58 AM
Last Post: soba
  Judge Tosses ED’s ‘Professional’ Degree Definition TINASAM 2 980 06-26-2026, 10:56 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  UoPeople degree paused in Minnesota TINASAM 11 2,236 06-12-2026, 03:04 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Degree walls wow 6 1,139 06-02-2026, 07:08 AM
Last Post: wow
  5 Smart Tips for Choosing a College and Major in the AI Era LevelUP 0 651 05-31-2026, 04:35 PM
Last Post: LevelUP

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)