Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
"Smart" Degree Options for Middle-Aged Non-Manager Type :)
#20
Thanks as always to everyone who has commented. I love the conversations here. They always stimulate my brain and getting me thinking in ways I might not otherwise.

One thing I know for sure - I don't have enough interest in business coursework to do it twice (undergrad and post-grad). So that leaves me with the options of:

  1. Finishing the BS in Psych, and pursuing an MBA with an HRM Concentration. From here a potential CC Instructor position might be within reach.

  2. Shifting gears and completing a BSBA, knowing that it would likely be my terminal degree. From here, Business Analyst roles would be within reach.
I know from research that there are a plethora of Business Analyst positions available everywhere, and at least in CA, I could count on a salary of about $75-80K/year. That would also allow me to have more control over where I ultimately live.

But I would *much* prefer the path of teaching from an enjoyment and personal fulfillment perspective. I'm not a workaholic, and the idea of summers off for low-budget travel greatly appeals to me.

Tough decision. I wonder how my ever-advancing age would potentially play into each equation?
Bachelor of Arts: Psychology - TESU (pending conferral)
120/120 units complete

SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources)
Anticipated Completion Date: 3/31/2019

Master of Human Resource Management - CSU Global
Start Date: 7/1/2019
Reply


Messages In This Thread
"Smart" Degree Options for Middle-Aged Non-Manager Type :) - by Nodaclu - 05-21-2017, 04:52 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Todd Wallack WP: For less than $100, I clicked my way toward a college degree in days LevelUP 32 4,831 09-28-2026, 04:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  A Free Accredited Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science – How Do We Get There? MNomadic 21 12,391 09-26-2026, 01:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 54 72,740 09-25-2026, 10:47 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Online bachelor's degree for students fluent in Japanese archsvt 2 2,322 08-03-2026, 09:15 PM
Last Post: ueacquire
  WaPo Article Questions Rapid Degree Completion ('Degree Hacking’) swlearner71 59 12,690 07-24-2026, 09:27 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  The Bachelor’s Degree: A Human Operating System LevelUP 3 1,641 07-23-2026, 07:58 AM
Last Post: soba
  Judge Tosses ED’s ‘Professional’ Degree Definition TINASAM 2 1,033 06-26-2026, 10:56 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  UoPeople degree paused in Minnesota TINASAM 11 2,402 06-12-2026, 03:04 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Degree walls wow 6 1,231 06-02-2026, 07:08 AM
Last Post: wow
  5 Smart Tips for Choosing a College and Major in the AI Era LevelUP 0 691 05-31-2026, 04:35 PM
Last Post: LevelUP

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)