Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
No degree to MBA-HR in 20 months - Nodaclu's Progress Thread
#69
(01-11-2018, 10:27 PM)Nodaclu Wrote: I'm looking in the TESU course catalog for the specific class list for the HR Concentration, and I can't seem to find it. Can you possibly point me somewhere where I can take a look at all of them?

As far as the work/time/money perspective, it's honestly 50/50 for me. I have *never* taken a single college business course. I'm missing *everything*. And since it's one of my least favorite areas of study, it's going to likely take me a lot of extra time to finish.

In addition, my last algebra-based class (trigonometry) was taken in 1987. And math is my worst subject of all. I'm seriously unsure if I can ever pass a College Algebra class. And if I can, i'll probably have to take at least one (and probably two) remedial classes before I can tackle it. More time. More money.

Now with those excuses made  Big Grin I'm still strongly considering the BSBA. I just need to think on it for a bit longer.

I can also push the decision off for another month at least by carefully selecting my next two Study.com courses, making sure that they'll work in both plans.  Smile

RE the HR concentration for the BALS, just go to the BALS page, then click on HRM down in the concentration area.  It will list specific courses there.

Yes, it is hard to get into the groove of the BALS if you've never taken the courses, but they aren't impossible for sure.  I am doing Study.com's Microecon right now, and there is a lot of overlap from Macroecon, Managerial Accounting and Intro to Finance.  It's not as hard as I thought it would be.  Not that the courses are a piece of cake, but they're not impossibly difficult.

Re: math, I feel your pain.  I have to do Stats, and I'm not loving it.  So far though, I have to say that Study.com is making it fairly easy.  A lot more concepts than computations.  But I had to start with ALEKS's pre-algebra and work my way up before I could complete College Algebra.  It did take a while.

Definitely keep taking courses that work in both degrees.  Things like Macro/Micro econ will work in the BALS gen ed's or AOS, and also are required for the BSBA.  One thing to keep in mind: the HR concentration of the BSBA will probably really interest you.  So it almost offsets the courses you have to take that you don't want to (Finance or Accounting or Econ or whatever).  6 interesting courses to look forward to... and there will be some overlap there as well, to make it a bit easier.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: No degree to MBA-HR in 20 months - Nodaclu's Progress Thread - by dfrecore - 01-12-2018, 02:08 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Todd Wallack WP: For less than $100, I clicked my way toward a college degree in days LevelUP 32 4,618 09-28-2026, 04:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  A Free Accredited Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science – How Do We Get There? MNomadic 21 12,257 09-26-2026, 01:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 54 72,295 09-25-2026, 10:47 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Online bachelor's degree for students fluent in Japanese archsvt 2 2,258 08-03-2026, 09:15 PM
Last Post: ueacquire
  WaPo Article Questions Rapid Degree Completion ('Degree Hacking’) swlearner71 59 12,469 07-24-2026, 09:27 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  The Bachelor’s Degree: A Human Operating System LevelUP 3 1,545 07-23-2026, 07:58 AM
Last Post: soba
  Judge Tosses ED’s ‘Professional’ Degree Definition TINASAM 2 1,011 06-26-2026, 10:56 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  UoPeople degree paused in Minnesota TINASAM 11 2,345 06-12-2026, 03:04 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Degree walls wow 6 1,184 06-02-2026, 07:08 AM
Last Post: wow
  Degree via Validation of Acquired Experience (VAE) wheatenbread 2 1,858 04-20-2026, 01:15 PM
Last Post: PearsonOTHMQualifi7654

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)