07-29-2018, 06:25 AM
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2018, 06:27 AM by cookderosa.)
(07-29-2018, 01:03 AM)Life_One Wrote: This degree and program are ridiculous, I swear they make up the rules as they go.
This is probably what's happening, but don't be mad.
I did this once, in 1992 as part of a degree program that launched at my community college. At the time, I was a chef and probably the only one in our culinary association that really valued education enough to push for our apprentices to get a piece of paper. We literally made it up as we went. That's not to say the college(s) don't have rules and regs or that there aren't accreditation requirements - but AAS degrees fall just outside the crisp and clean lines of a college system. I'm pretty sure that whatever is going on here with members from this board is Nancy's education. The longer she works with situations like ours, the more knowledge she'll have - that's why it's important to keep on her. Make her solve these problems and work things out.
I sent her an email on a Sat once and got a reply from her phone full of "text abbreviations" so I know she takes her work seriously and takes it home with her- but she told me in that reply to message her on Monday where she had access to her computer. I'm not going to email her on weekends anymore, but I'm going to email her tomorrow. I think the more pressing she gets, it helps her learn how to do her job. - and I'm not being a snot when I say that- I'm being serious. 99% of the people who do this for a living are only superficially aware of how to handle the nuances of alternative credit because 99% of the people don't use alternative credit.
BTW- my son's transcript has 147 credits on it. She didn't know to take off the Alternative Credit Project duplicates and sort them from the Straighterline courses. It doesn't matter, because he has everything, but at some point, I'll probably tell her so she can learn. She'll probably see ACP credit again (as long as members here are submitting transcritps) and she should know what it means.

![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)