Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
SOPHIA.ORG inaccuracy?incompetence? dishonesty?
#1
I was told multiple times here by Sophia and in private emails that their courses were not proctored and that you did not need a webcam. I was also told that you don't need to schedule a time with a proctor.

Well, I just purchased a course from them and guess what I see at the bottom of the screen? "Schedule your I.D. Verification Milestone to complete this course". It is some final exam that must be passed to get through the course that involves taking a final exam with a Proctor.

So what gives? Why tell everyone that you don't need a proctor and have "keyboard biometrics" if I still need to have a Proctor?
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science


Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
Reply


Messages In This Thread
SOPHIA.ORG inaccuracy?incompetence? dishonesty? - by AwardTour - 09-04-2018, 04:57 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WARNING: Don't try and cheat on Sophia, they are suspending lots of accounts! LevelUP 26 10,196 09-25-2026, 08:16 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
Lightbulb New courses on Sophia daydream 3 886 08-18-2026, 08:18 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Sophia.org Membership Code - Recent bjcheung77 308 256,080 07-01-2026, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Bcopeland64
  New Sophia Courses Physics, Principles of Leadership, Digital Literacy, Intro to Ed LevelUP 5 1,199 07-01-2026, 12:09 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  ENG COMP I & II - SDC, SL or Sophia any4yeardegree 19 3,424 06-01-2026, 07:47 PM
Last Post: myriam555
  Questions about SDC, Straighterline & Sophia VanillaBean 2 1,304 04-04-2026, 04:23 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  New Sophia Course Medical Terminology Jonathan Whatley 9 3,523 03-27-2026, 11:50 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Question Credit from services like Sophia.org with no written assignments BR3_26 3 2,439 03-12-2026, 09:15 AM
Last Post: wow
  New Sophia Course Business Data Analytics Jonathan Whatley 30 19,280 01-27-2026, 11:09 AM
Last Post: animuscerebri
  Core complete from sophia credits? CocaCola 4 3,158 01-11-2026, 06:28 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)