Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Let's Talk Human Resource Management (HRM) Grad Programs!
#5
Nodaclu Wrote:
Merlin Wrote:Depending on your goals, you find you want to go a completely different direction or none at all.

Thank you - that does help!

At this point, I just want to be able to land an HR Manager job. Nearly 20 years into my career, and I haven't even been able to sniff a Manager role - largely due (I think) to my lack of an undergrad degree.

I want to make it a no-brainer for a hiring manager from the education side, and the grad-level HRM should do that. But an MSML and a PHR/SPHR Certification might do that as well, and would be at least a year faster.

I like the competency-based or test out options, so I would recommend you to stick with WGU's MSML as is it ACBSP. The PHR/SPHR are recognized certs, that should be enough to get you into management. The 3 things I recommend is 1) Experience, 2) Degree, 3) Certs. You've got the EXP already, you're just missing the Degree of choice and the Certs of your choice.

dfrecore Wrote:A traditional semester system makes me want to stick a fork in my eye.

I wish APU had a HR masters degree, as they're cheaper and have the 8-week rolling start system.

LOL, same here - I don't like the traditional semester system either. Any course longer than two or three months gets boring for me.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3RTJ3I9
UPI Study https://www.upistudy.com/?ref=f6bc41

Pre-Med Online, MSc Biomedical Sciences (Starting Jan 2026)
In Progress: UoPeople BS Health Science

Completed: UMPI BAS & MAOL (2025)
TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 3 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs, Muldoon, Nodaclu
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's Talk Human Resource Management (HRM) Grad Programs! - by bjcheung77 - 11-08-2018, 10:59 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW Univ of Virginia - Master of Change Management smartdegree 0 704 08-07-2026, 03:43 PM
Last Post: smartdegree
  KU Jayhawk Flex CBE Masters in Ed, Performance Effectiveness, and Project Management Jonathan Whatley 29 7,180 08-05-2026, 05:12 PM
Last Post: PauFraTat
  Getting into competitive graduate programs chrisv 20 2,979 08-02-2026, 11:21 AM
Last Post: PauFraTat
  California options in Mental Health Grad Schools termdec 2 669 07-26-2026, 07:49 PM
Last Post: termdec
  Journey - UK Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership OtterDen 14 13,395 06-30-2026, 09:58 AM
Last Post: kb24bi8
  UNO Maverick Flex Path CBE Grad Cert in Executive Business Jonathan Whatley 4 1,293 06-08-2026, 02:20 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  $900 Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) Jonathan Whatley 258 138,583 06-08-2026, 08:59 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Harvard Kennedy School 10-Year Plan Eyes Increasing Online Programs Jonathan Whatley 0 1,045 06-06-2026, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  3 Woolf Partnership Programs - AI, CS, Software Engineering bjcheung77 16 4,730 05-25-2026, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Eleanor
  WGU - Masters in IT - Product Management WALLACEMC11 4 1,502 04-16-2026, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)