Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Is Aleks still ACE accredited as of now?
#26
(12-14-2018, 07:11 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(12-14-2018, 06:54 PM)Supermind Wrote: I wish to take 3 courses on Aleks. I have already identified two: Stats for behavioral sciences & College Algebra with Trigonometry. I already have MAT-121 College Algebra credited into my Evaluation from GED-Math. I want to be sure courses do not duplicate.

I might actually like to do Calculus. There are very good courses on Edx & coursera. But they are not credit eligible. Any suggestions? I checked Saylor, but I am not very good with just following pages and pages of printed material for Math in particular. I would like something interactive, encouraging me to solve problems and learn.

I posted a little about this here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ive-review

I like schoolyourself.org as a very interactive way to learn math. Unfortunately, their calculus course is currently incomplete. If you want a full on class, ASU earned admissions has a calculus for engineering course starting next month. That's not really enough time to get up to speed if you're not currently comfortable with all the prerequisite knowledge. SDC, Saylor, and SL all have calculus for ACE credit but they aren't very good for learning the material. You could use free courses from schoolyourself, Khan academy, Coursera, YouTube various open courseware sources and edx to learn calculus material and then take the course for ace credit through Saylor, SDC or SL.

Thank you. I think that’s a good idea. To study using khan academy and take the Saylor exam.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Aleks still ACE accredited as of now? - by Supermind - 12-14-2018, 07:16 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Free Accredited Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science – How Do We Get There? MNomadic 21 12,065 09-26-2026, 01:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Claim I heard about Cambodian universities not being "internationally accredited"? EliEverIsAHero 1 1,003 01-05-2026, 05:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Weirdest DEAC-accredited universities and degrees Robson 15 5,626 12-11-2025, 09:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 9 23,670 08-07-2025, 11:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Crestpoint University DEAC accredited vs Excelsior [email protected] 10 8,835 04-12-2025, 12:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Seeking interviewees with non-accredited/non-traditional degrees for Ohio State Study mitchell1857 0 1,698 09-10-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: mitchell1857
  ALEKS Course; ACE Knowledge Check Inquiry abs_co 11 8,787 05-12-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Unaccredited degree assembled from courses at accredited schools elcastor21 1 1,811 09-26-2023, 12:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree Mills that were accredited at some point? elcastor21 1 2,935 09-07-2023, 06:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Regionally Accredited Self Paced Courses for College Credit BMWGuinness 5 9,190 04-27-2023, 12:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)