Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Special Ed Degree Question?
#7
(03-20-2019, 06:22 PM)tls7291 Wrote:
(03-20-2019, 04:08 PM)sanantone Wrote: I'm going to be the mean one, which is a role I take on quite often, but this will benefit you. If you're going to have a professional job, such as teaching, you're going to need some basic research skills. If you can't find licensing requirements now, then how are you going to learn the rules to maintain your license?

People love answering questions here, but they're doing it for free. It would have been good if you had at least gone to the Big 3's websites to see if they offer teaching degrees. You would have answered your own question with minimal effort. Regarding alternative paths to teacher certification in California, did you make an attempt to perform a Google search or to go to the website of California's regulatory agency?

You're not being mean, but I'm just doing my due diligence and making sure I didn't miss anything, sometimes things go by different names and I want to make sure I don't miss anything. Yes I did look at the big 3's websites and eXcelsior is a bit confusing on their BA without concentration and the one with Human Services. I also noticed that Thomas Edison has a history degree but I'm not sure if that specific one would translate well to teaching etc. Lastly Charter only seems to have an ECE Bachelor degree, so that one might be a no. Again I'm asking the group,  only because everyone on here is very knowledgeable and I don't want to make a mistake or miss anything important! Thanks!

Degree programs that are specifically designed to lead to teacher certification will say so on their webpages. If you want to complete a post-baccalaureate program that leads to teacher certification, then just about any bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited school will do.
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Special Ed Degree Question? - by tls7291 - 03-20-2019, 11:36 AM
RE: Special Ed Degree Question? - by Merlin - 03-20-2019, 12:09 PM
RE: Special Ed Degree Question? - by cookderosa - 03-20-2019, 01:01 PM
RE: Special Ed Degree Question? - by tls7291 - 03-20-2019, 01:31 PM
RE: Special Ed Degree Question? - by sanantone - 03-20-2019, 04:08 PM
RE: Special Ed Degree Question? - by tls7291 - 03-20-2019, 06:22 PM
RE: Special Ed Degree Question? - by sanantone - 03-20-2019, 06:40 PM
RE: Special Ed Degree Question? - by davewill - 03-20-2019, 06:54 PM
RE: Special Ed Degree Question? - by Merlin - 03-20-2019, 07:15 PM
RE: Special Ed Degree Question? - by dfrecore - 03-20-2019, 11:05 PM
RE: Special Ed Degree Question? - by tls7291 - 03-21-2019, 09:17 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Todd Wallack WP: For less than $100, I clicked my way toward a college degree in days LevelUP 32 4,452 09-28-2026, 04:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  A Free Accredited Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science – How Do We Get There? MNomadic 21 12,144 09-26-2026, 01:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 54 72,086 09-25-2026, 10:47 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Online bachelor's degree for students fluent in Japanese archsvt 2 2,215 08-03-2026, 09:15 PM
Last Post: ueacquire
  WaPo Article Questions Rapid Degree Completion ('Degree Hacking’) swlearner71 59 12,212 07-24-2026, 09:27 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  The Bachelor’s Degree: A Human Operating System LevelUP 3 1,471 07-23-2026, 07:58 AM
Last Post: soba
  Judge Tosses ED’s ‘Professional’ Degree Definition TINASAM 2 985 06-26-2026, 10:56 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  UoPeople degree paused in Minnesota TINASAM 11 2,272 06-12-2026, 03:04 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Degree walls wow 6 1,146 06-02-2026, 07:08 AM
Last Post: wow
  Degree via Validation of Acquired Experience (VAE) wheatenbread 2 1,831 04-20-2026, 01:15 PM
Last Post: PearsonOTHMQualifi7654

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)