Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
New Excelsior College Cornerstone Initiative; starting January 2020
#21
(06-07-2019, 03:12 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 01:17 PM)natshar Wrote: There isn't any more information about the cornerstone besides the job posting. We don't know it if will be required for all students and all degrees. Maybe students with a certain number of transfer credits are exempt. Maybe if students took a similar type course somewhere else they can transfer it in. We don't know yet. Plus it doesn't even start until January.

I'm going to guess that it's a worst-case scenario, because VERY rarely do colleges put this kind of thing into effect and then not apply it to everyone.  It's an easy money-grab, especially if who you're competing with does it as well.  You can't really say "well fine, then I'll just go to COSC or TESU and not have a cornerstone."

TESU has a better reputation. Better off just going there.

(06-08-2019, 03:15 PM)sanantone Wrote:
(06-08-2019, 02:49 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: My question is, why isn't the basic information literacy stuff considered part of English Composition?

It should be a part of English Comp II. If I were running a school, I wouldn't allow credits for English Comp that didn't come from an accredited college.

When I was a kid, I still had to go to the library to do research, "the internet" wasn't quite in full throttle just yet. In English and Comp I, the professor took the class to the library and taught us how to look for books, taught MLA and APA format, etc. I just have a feeling a lot of education is a tad bit watered down these days. Maybe I'm wrong.   Undecided
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: New Excelsior College Cornerstone Initiative; starting January 2020 - by indigoshuffle - 08-12-2019, 12:23 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior 113 vs 105 transfer credit clarification? thanks4help 1 291 09-26-2026, 08:40 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Fielding Graduate University Merges with Excelsior Marcus Aurelius 17 4,037 06-22-2026, 01:15 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Excelsior U to Offer DBA MISin08 12 3,104 05-25-2026, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Need help planning BS Liberal Arts from Study.com to Excelsior helaurin 10 3,202 01-05-2026, 05:43 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Starting Capstone Soon! Zacharysa 6 3,608 12-30-2025, 09:53 PM
Last Post: helaurin
  Excelsior University - Fixed Rate Tuition bjcheung77 9 5,226 12-24-2025, 11:41 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Using Study.com to Fill in Excelsior Degree Requirements bjcheung77 0 1,185 11-16-2025, 10:13 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  IND 301 Cornerstone Review MISin08 1 4,175 06-22-2025, 12:48 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Excelsior BS Criminal Justice degree plan new2this 7 5,267 06-05-2025, 02:45 PM
Last Post: WorkingGal
  NEW: Excelsior Students Must Now Complete 15 Credits In-House pilot 14 18,191 06-04-2025, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Ares

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)