Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Is my Excelsior admissions counselor wrong, or is Excelsior no longer "Big 3"?
#12
(10-04-2019, 04:54 PM)wow Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 08:42 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: ROYISAGIRLWhere are you in your degree?

Another question for you, RoyIsAGirl. Are you doing Natural Sciences with no concentration of Natural Sciences with a Biology concentration? A different person from Excelsior admissions called me to talk be off the ledge, so now the college is looking more reasonable to me. But while I was talking to her (she seemed to know a lot, which was great), I forgot to ask about this part of the Bio concentration requirement, and now they are closed for the weekend: 

Quote:C. Select one course from at least three different areas. At least one course must be an upper-level laboratory course or include an upper-level laboratory as part of the course.

But I've looked through the Excelsior catalog and don't see any upper level labs available. I could take one somewhere else (thanks to the correction made by my new BFF at admissions), but an upper level lab is going to be expensive no matter where I take it, so it seemed weird they didn't offer any. Are they only offered during certain terms?

body,div,table,thead,tbody,tfoot,tr,th,td,p { font-family:"Liberation Sans"; font-size:x-small } a.comment-indicator:hover + comment { background:#ffd; position:absolute; display:block; border:1px solid black; padding:0.5em; } a.comment-indicator { background:red; display:inline-block; border:1px solid black; width:0.5em; height:0.5em; } comment { display:none; }
I am doing the bio concentration. I couldn't find an upper level lab so I was just gonna take that course (can't remember the name right now) and the capstone with Excelsior
In Progress: TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed:
TESU 
AAS Environmental, Safety and Security Technology
BA in Environmental Studies Con Natural Science and Mathematics

CSU 
MS Occupational Safety and Health Con Environmental Management

Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Is my Excelsior admissions counselor wrong, or is Excelsior no longer "Big 3"? - by ROYISAGIRL - 10-04-2019, 05:00 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior 113 vs 105 transfer credit clarification? thanks4help 1 304 09-26-2026, 08:40 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Fielding Graduate University Merges with Excelsior Marcus Aurelius 17 4,058 06-22-2026, 01:15 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Excelsior U to Offer DBA MISin08 12 3,110 05-25-2026, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Need help planning BS Liberal Arts from Study.com to Excelsior helaurin 10 3,211 01-05-2026, 05:43 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Excelsior University - Fixed Rate Tuition bjcheung77 9 5,242 12-24-2025, 11:41 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Using Study.com to Fill in Excelsior Degree Requirements bjcheung77 0 1,189 11-16-2025, 10:13 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Excelsior BS Criminal Justice degree plan new2this 7 5,282 06-05-2025, 02:45 PM
Last Post: WorkingGal
  NEW: Excelsior Students Must Now Complete 15 Credits In-House pilot 14 18,219 06-04-2025, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Looking for someone who has or is working on their BS in Criminal Justice @Excelsior WorkingGal 2 2,331 06-03-2025, 02:59 PM
Last Post: WorkingGal
  Excelsior Bachelor Degree Requirements - Gen Ed, Electives, Major bjcheung77 0 5,516 04-30-2025, 07:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)