Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Planning Bachelor Degree (through 1 of the Big 3)
#25
(11-11-2019, 02:48 PM)allvia Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 02:19 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I would recommend you to do get the Athabasca University degree if there are no additional costs for courses, in other words, just a set of graduation/application/evaluation fees.   This would be your first step to show you have a Bachelors of General Studies from Canada (even though you're in the US).  

@SkaroFamily Just to be clear the Bachelors of General Studies from Athabasca University is a valid degree from a Canadian based US RA school. The only drawback on it (other than being General Studies - similar to Liberal Arts) is that it is possible that you could have issues with some US master degree programs later on (with it not being a 3 yr vs 4yr degree); however - that may be mitigated as a result of you having more than 120 traditional undergraduate credits. I know your current objective is to get a legitimate bachelor degree as quickly as you can right now, but you should be aware of the potential issues should pursuing a master degree be part of your long term plans.
Thank you! At this point I have no plans for a Masters. The position I would like to take in the far future would require a Bachelors as of right now. I do qualify for Financial Aid. So going to the local University is an option but they only accepted 81 credits (This would be a Bachelor of Elective Studies) I'm really just a small town girl that would like to get my Bachelors & might not ever have a position that requires it. 

I'm homeschooling my kiddos and they are taking the Study.com, CLEP, DSST, and then PSEO (11th & 12th grade) 

I talked to Thomas Edison and they will only take 80 of my Credits.

I'm waiting to hear back from COSC but I'm sure it will be close to that 80 like Thomas Edison

I will see what Athabasca says about needing any extra classes and if they will graduate me Smile

I'm thankful for all the comments!  If you think of anything else please send my way......

I will let everyone know when I hear back from Athabasca.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Planning Bachelor Degree (through 1 of the Big 3) - by SkaroFamily - 11-11-2019, 02:59 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Todd Wallack WP: For less than $100, I clicked my way toward a college degree in days LevelUP 32 4,485 09-28-2026, 04:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  A Free Accredited Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science – How Do We Get There? MNomadic 21 12,172 09-26-2026, 01:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 54 72,144 09-25-2026, 10:47 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Online bachelor's degree for students fluent in Japanese archsvt 2 2,225 08-03-2026, 09:15 PM
Last Post: ueacquire
  WaPo Article Questions Rapid Degree Completion ('Degree Hacking’) swlearner71 59 12,250 07-24-2026, 09:27 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  The Bachelor’s Degree: A Human Operating System LevelUP 3 1,484 07-23-2026, 07:58 AM
Last Post: soba
  Judge Tosses ED’s ‘Professional’ Degree Definition TINASAM 2 989 06-26-2026, 10:56 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  UoPeople degree paused in Minnesota TINASAM 11 2,281 06-12-2026, 03:04 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Degree walls wow 6 1,158 06-02-2026, 07:08 AM
Last Post: wow
  Degree via Validation of Acquired Experience (VAE) wheatenbread 2 1,835 04-20-2026, 01:15 PM
Last Post: PearsonOTHMQualifi7654

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)