Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Master's Program at Harvard Extension School
#5
(11-23-2019, 02:34 PM)MisterE Wrote: I am finishing up my Master’s degree with HES in less than 30 days at this point.  I can say, like anything, you get what you put into it.  About 50% of my classes had live video participation as a requirement with a portion of the grade attached to participation.  Every class had some sort of lecture (recorded video or live) as part of the course.  Several had group projects that required remote presentations.  Those can be hit or miss depending on who you are grouped with.  I had two courses that resembled the self-study learning experience of the ‘Big 3’ but both of those courses required a significant amount of reading and research with weekly writing assignments in the 7-10 page range (fully referenced).  All in all, it has required anywhere between 15-20 hours a week for me to keep-up with coursework doing 2 courses a semester.  Overall I consider it a great experience and well worth the time and effort.

I hope that helps and I am happy to answer anything regarding the program or my experience with it.

Congrats. After I finish Microecon this Spring, I'll be in the ALM - Finance program. I'm thinking one course a semester will be tolerable with my work schedule. That would put me finishing up in four years. Were you able to get the HES Grant?
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Master's Program at Harvard Extension School - by alexf.1990 - 11-27-2019, 01:25 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unimarconi Master via ENEB Thread Kalas 138 36,562 09-26-2026, 01:01 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  Newlane's Master in Philosophy marcelor78 33 3,924 09-23-2026, 05:50 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  CLEA Masstercursos master course paddyqr 127 49,543 09-12-2026, 09:01 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Master of Science in Finance Mint Berry Crunch 3 1,008 08-18-2026, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  NEW Univ of Virginia - Master of Change Management smartdegree 0 709 08-07-2026, 03:43 PM
Last Post: smartdegree
  ENEB New Master Thread bjcheung77 794 273,542 08-07-2026, 03:22 PM
Last Post: UoBoomer
  SEU CBE MA in Leadership (English) and Religion Master’s (English & Spanish) Jonathan Whatley 4 1,338 08-06-2026, 11:34 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  UGC Opens Door to One-Year Online Master’s from India Jonathan Whatley 1 743 08-06-2026, 05:42 AM
Last Post: cc95
  Recommendations for a Business Analytics Program EthanMDFN 2 583 08-04-2026, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Four Foreign Educational Credentials that are Master’s in Name Only NotJoeBiden 10 2,349 07-28-2026, 12:15 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)