Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
University of Maine at Presque Isle
#64
(03-05-2020, 08:14 PM)indivinefavor Wrote: Just bringing this thread up a bit... there's not too much available on UMPI. I applied for admission to their BLS program with a minor in management. I have almost 200 credits...30 thru clep/dsst, some RA but many NA credits which they READILY ACCEPTED! Finally. In total, I transferred 145 credits. 

I still have to fulfill their 30 hr residency requirement. I have 4 courses left to take within my major (required by UMPI... must have 12 hours within your major to meet residency requirement. 9 of those 12 must be UL) and then take the remaining 6 gen ed/elective courses. School starts on 3/16/2020... wish me luck! Going to try and knock these 30 hrs out in 1 term... but since the term is only 8 wks...I might need 2. And the BLS has no capstone. I love the Big 3, but this was best option for me since they took most of my NA credits without even putting up a fight lol.

Ah yeah Awesome, that's great! I've looked at their programs before... It's one of a few competency based degree providers that's been popping up every now and then. I am looking for more Masters offerings, but this is great for Bachelors.

You're almost there, just 10 days or so before you begin! I see that program is a YourPace Competency based program, $1400 for 8 week terms or $2800 for two terms of 4 months and if it takes 3 terms to finish, it's just $4200 for the remainder of the entire degree.

I just have one question, which of the 4 minors are you doing within the Bachelors of Liberal Studies? Did you also take a look at the 3 concentrations they have for their Bachelors of Arts in Business Administration? If you did they take the same amount of credits for transfer, I would assume so eh?
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3RTJ3I9
UPI Study https://www.upistudy.com/?ref=f6bc41

Pre-Med Online, MSc Biomedical Sciences (Starting Jan 2026)
In Progress: UoPeople BS Health Science

Completed: UMPI BAS & MAOL (2025)
TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: University of Maine at Presque Isle - by Mom5 - 08-21-2020, 07:03 AM
RE: University of Maine at Presque Isle - by bjcheung77 - 03-05-2020, 08:43 PM
University of Maine at Presque Isle - by Tedium - 08-19-2020, 03:18 PM
University of Maine at Presque Isle - by Lacedonia4 - 08-22-2020, 05:50 PM
University of Maine at Presque Isle - by Tedium - 08-24-2020, 01:01 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best NACES/AICE evaluator for Philippines University Credits to UMPI Edriveless 10 3,184 08-10-2025, 12:49 AM
Last Post: ashkir
  University of Maine System Transfer Equivalencies colonelcamp 9 4,042 05-07-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  WES or WES + each university transcript Kab 1 1,548 01-22-2022, 04:37 PM
Last Post: rachel83az

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)