Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Took 6 Sophia Learning Courses in 2 months and passed them all, listing my thoughts
#47
(05-26-2020, 09:42 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 02:00 AM)GizmoJack Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 01:30 PM)ARhead Wrote: I actually also had a really hard time with that ethics course, to the point I just stopped doing it.

Ditto - Sophia's ethics course has a philosophical slant that is too much theory and not enough "practical application" for me. I'm sure given a month or two I could have slogged through it. instead, I switched to SDC and completed their ethics course in 9 days with relative ease. Different people just learn in different ways.

This is good to know! Thank you. I was planning on taking the ethics course with Sophia next month. Now I will probably just take it over on SDC. Philosophy is Not my jam. Tried it once in college years ago and bombed. I also don't have a month or two to take these classes. I need to get the gen eds I need done with.

Just give it a shot while it's free. I found it to be pretty straightforward. It's mostly ABC person believes in DEF code of ethics and then it'll ask you to match up the person with the flavor of ethics. As with most sophia courses, the intro doesn't really match the rest of the course so try to get to the second section (or just start there) and see if you like it.  It's free, so nothing to lose but a couple hours while you test it out.
[-] The following 2 users Like lillingworth's post:
  • ss20ts, Tedium
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Took 6 Sophia Learning Courses in 2 months and passed them all, listing my thoughts - by lillingworth - 05-26-2020, 09:37 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Meta Courses Renewed Mint Berry Crunch 0 107 10-02-2026, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  WARNING: Don't try and cheat on Sophia, they are suspending lots of accounts! LevelUP 26 10,499 09-25-2026, 08:16 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
Lightbulb New courses on Sophia daydream 3 927 08-18-2026, 08:18 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Sophia.org Membership Code - Recent bjcheung77 308 256,367 07-01-2026, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Bcopeland64
  New Sophia Courses Physics, Principles of Leadership, Digital Literacy, Intro to Ed LevelUP 5 1,215 07-01-2026, 12:09 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  List of Coursera Courses expiring on 09/30/2026 LevelUP 0 833 06-28-2026, 10:32 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  ENG COMP I & II - SDC, SL or Sophia any4yeardegree 19 3,460 06-01-2026, 07:47 PM
Last Post: myriam555
Smile Credit Calculus / Statistics Courses Bcopeland64 6 1,467 05-11-2026, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Bcopeland64
  Questions about SDC, Straighterline & Sophia VanillaBean 2 1,315 04-04-2026, 04:23 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  New Sophia Course Medical Terminology Jonathan Whatley 9 3,564 03-27-2026, 11:50 PM
Last Post: bluebooger

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)